Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Ancientbehemoth wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm
db3 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm Every time this thread gets bumped I feel the need to check in case Roland have released a JP-8000. Constant disappointment. :D
I stopped asking. It's hopeless, I guess. ;)

Adam Szabo has one in the making.
Uhm.. Didn't he make one like 10 years ago
Yes, but, it didn't have all the features of the JP-8k. The new one is supposed to have those features, and more (I think). He'll surely also vamp up the DSP side a little, based on his experience with Viper.

sacer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm
db3 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm Every time this thread gets bumped I feel the need to check in case Roland have released a JP-8000. Constant disappointment. :D
I stopped asking. It's hopeless, I guess. ;)

Adam Szabo has one in the making.
Is it an extended JP6K ? Never heard anything about it, do you have a link ? Would be nice work, I really like viper
Yes, pretty much, as far as I understood.

Most of what I read about it (from him) was on the DSP536xx emulator Discord.

There was another one that works in Reaktor, but I can't remember the name of it... I think its still being developed.

EDIT: found it - Chro-8080
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRiHS4moSo

another month another check up by me.

so is the roland cloud abandoned? how do other subscribers feel? roland cloud doesnt seem to also try to get people back to re-subscribe.
until next month.

why i do this? so some newbies might get aware about this. :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:30 am so is the roland cloud abandoned? how do other subscribers feel? roland cloud doesnt seem to also try to get people back to re-subscribe.
until next month.
Next month is the two year anniversary of the release of the Jupiter 4 plugin. That means it will be two full years since Roland has released any new instruments for the Cloud Service

Meaning if you are a monthly ultimate subscriber you will have paid $500 in fees and gotten no new instruments

I would say Roland hasn't abandoned it, they are just doing the bare minimum and not making any new instruments to keep the subs rolling in

maybe most of their Cloud customers are more interested in sound packs? I would think that the RoI for sound packs would be much higher than for plugin development / maintenance. Also I think plugin development is done in house, sound packs can be done by non direct employees?

NI have gone that way also it seems.

But if you are a P4L customer wanting some plugins from the existing portfolio cost wise it doesn't seem out of line with the likes of Korg?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

IvyBirds wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:39 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:30 am so is the roland cloud abandoned? how do other subscribers feel? roland cloud doesnt seem to also try to get people back to re-subscribe.
until next month.
Next month is the two year anniversary of the release of the Jupiter 4 plugin. That means it will be two full years since Roland has released any new instruments for the Cloud Service

Meaning if you are a monthly ultimate subscriber you will have paid $500 in fees and gotten no new instruments
Wow that's a lot for nothing new. They could have bought Omnisphere for that much. :?

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:35 pm But if you are a P4L customer wanting some plugins from the existing portfolio cost wise it doesn't seem out of line with the likes of Korg?
Actually it does seem out of line. Last Holiday season while the P4L promo was going on the Korg Collection was on sale for $199

If you dropped $199 on P4L you would get two lifetime keys, if you spent the same $199 on Korg Collection you would have everything forever and no buggy Roland Cloud Manager or need to phone home monthly.

The Arturia V Collection was also on sale for Black Friday @ $199 which gave you everything. If you want the Jupiter 8 or Juno as your P4L they would be included as well

If you like Zenology, then here's the purchase price vs subscription:

Zenology + All Model Expansions $600 (Sweetwater)
EXZ 1-15 $300
SDZ 1-100 $250 (Sweetwater)
SDZ 101-137 $370
15 Model Expansion Pack Presets $300
ZEZ 1-10 $100
Total: $1,920

Pro annual subscription $100

Better get an integra-7 at that point

thenumber23 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm If you like Zenology, then here's the purchase price vs subscription:

EXZ 1-15 $300
SDZ 1-100 $250 (Sweetwater)
SDZ 101-137 $370
15 Model Expansion Pack Presets $300
ZEZ 1-10 $100
Total: $1,920

Pro annual subscription $100
Either way that's way too much Zenology...who needs all those pre-sets/expansions? It would take a lifetime to even listen to them all!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

thenumber23 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm If you like Zenology, then here's the purchase price vs subscription:

For less money if you shop sales

Option #1
Korg Collection $199 includes Triton Extreme which competed directly in the early 2000s with the Roland Fantom for all those Rompler Sounds. Includes the entire sample ROM content. Includes the Korg M1 and a bunch of legacy instruments as well

Arturia V Collection $199 a vast collection of vintage Synths including the Jupiter 8 and Juno

$200 cheaper for a lot more

Option#2
Omnisphere $479

Giant sample library from Eric Persing the guy who made most of the samples in Zenology, more synthesis power better effects, fantastic VA emulators, and samples from a bunch of vintage instruments

$131 less

IvyBirds wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:55 pm
Arturia V Collection $199 a vast collection of vintage Synths including the Jupiter 8 and Juno
It's $599 for the full price, and come once a year on sales but never seen at $199

Omnisphere sounds phenomenal and is worth considering over any other package

Gam456 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:55 pm
It's $599 for the full price, and come once a year on sales but never seen at $199

Omnisphere sounds phenomenal and is worth considering over any other package
Arturia V collection goes on sale for $199 quite often most recently this past Black Friday.

Former pro annual subscriber here, just checking in every few months hoping Roland has come up with anything new to give me a reason to return. I’d settle for just fixing the existing bugs in the lifetime products I own. *shrug*

Return to “Instruments”