Renoise 3.4.4 (BUGFIX)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, people.

Renoise just released 3.4.4 update, after quite a while.

Code: Select all

fixes
Possible (probable?) bug w.r.t. vst3 parameter flushing
(v3.1+) Repeater BPM Sync Failure
Formula Device Error
Windows: Korg m1 VST3 GUI broken
fixed shift number entry mode for effect columns in phrases
playing back instrument phrases with different FX chain PDC latencies could have resulted in stuck notes in the phrase
Still considered a beta branch, so head to Renoise Backstage if you wanna try it.

Hopeful 3.5 won't take much longer :)

It lives!
Now if they would just add audio tracks, allow tracks to run independently from one another to have exclusive BPMs Time Sigs and start and play times ie Live clips, beef up the sampler to allow for even more mangling so that I could ditch VSTs, make the keyboard layout look like the hexagonal keys in Redux simply because it looks cooler, get rid of Redux and just make Renoise a vst, add more stock effects, I'd really appreciate it thank you

VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:27 am It lives!
Now if they would just add audio tracks, allow tracks to run independently from one another to have exclusive BPMs Time Sigs and start and play times ie Live clips, beef up the sampler to allow for even more mangling so that I could ditch VSTs, make the keyboard layout look like the hexagonal keys in Redux simply because it looks cooler, get rid of Redux and just make Renoise a vst, add more stock effects, I'd really appreciate it thank you
Keep on dreaming.

The dev has literally stated in the company's own forums that he can't & won't be devoting time to further development in the forseeable future. Bugfix updates like this are all we're gonna get, sadly.

Well alrighty then, acoustic guitar it is.

Seems like they never went the right way with Renoise... I still got 2.5.1 & it does everything I need it to do shoot even 1.9.0 did...

So Renoises internal sampler only does WAX AIF OGG? By this time it should load every frickin' sampler format out there GIG SF2 SFZ EXS and so on as so many others like ableton dropping that ability...

And if all there is for a piano roll option is some hack-job thing then something spectacular should have happened to the pattern editor... Especially when they promised a piano roll over 20 years ago-

https://web.archive.org/web/20030207123 ... om/wip.htm

Well then it might be something notable now like Arguru's Aodix with ingenious vertical piano roll-

Vanjac has a new fork of Aodix with virtually all the former issues fixed. Much prefer the machine view hookup which is way faster, easy to visualize & complex setups are easy-

That's all here-

viewtopic.php?t=604250

Shoot Renoise don't even play other MOD formats still does it? one can always get ReViSiT & use as a plugin for that in Renoise but you can use any other host. Some of the best music from tracker types is the old stuff where they could not hide novice composing behind tons of senseless FX & modulations like so many do nowadays as they 'identify' as musicians in one of any of the over 1,500 genres now, most being junk...

No the old stuff you heard it or not the playskool stuff was still there but few-far between compared to now...

Take your tune, take off ALL FX... Then listen, does it still sound Hans Zimmer? or Playskool?

Lol , people are still mad and moaning over a piano roll .
Use a regular daw instead if you want your rolls.
Renoise rules but could indeed use some tlc ( but no piano lol)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am Lol , people are still mad and moaning over a piano roll .
+1
Also, there's a free "simple pianoroll" add-on which is good enough for drawing some notes, it's not Live's piano roll but after all it's tracker and not a traditional DAW.

eLawnMust wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 pm Seems like they never went the right way with Renoise... I still got 2.5.1 & it does everything I need it to do shoot even 1.9.0 did...

So Renoises internal sampler only does WAX AIF OGG? By this time it should load every frickin' sampler format out there GIG SF2 SFZ EXS and so on as so many others like ableton dropping that ability...

And if all there is for a piano roll option is some hack-job thing then something spectacular should have happened to the pattern editor... Especially when they promised a piano roll over 20 years ago-

Well then it might be something notable now like Arguru's Aodix with ingenious vertical piano roll-

Vanjac has a new fork of Aodix with virtually all the former issues fixed. Much prefer the machine view hookup which is way faster, easy to visualize & complex setups are easy-

That's all here-

viewtopic.php?t=604250

Shoot Renoise don't even play other MOD formats still does it? one can always get ReViSiT & use as a plugin for that in Renoise but you can use any other host. Some of the best music from tracker types is the old stuff where they could not hide novice composing behind tons of senseless FX & modulations like so many do nowadays as they 'identify' as musicians in one of any of the over 1,500 genres now, most being junk...

No the old stuff you heard it or not the playskool stuff was still there but few-far between compared to now...

Take your tune, take off ALL FX... Then listen, does it still sound Hans Zimmer? or Playskool?
It loads sfz...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am Lol , people are still mad and moaning over a piano roll .
Lol, people are still moaning about people moaning about Piano roll in Renoise.
Stop using Renoise if you want a piano roll.
Renoise rules but isn't being updated anymore because everybody who wanted a piano roll was told to go use something else, so update money, which is development money, dried up.

Funny how that works uh?
Duh

bungle wrote: Renoise rules but isn't being updated anymore because everybody who wanted a piano roll was told to go use something else, so update money, which is development money, dried up.
Are you saying that a big majority of Renoise licensed users want a piano roll? I don't believe that. Why the f**k bother with a tracker?
Don't get me wrong, Aodix is nice but I'd still have used it without a piano roll.
Using a tracker and asking for a piano roll is like using a standard DAW and asking for a tracker.
Sure, why not, but it doesn't take away anything if it's not implemented.

VOODOO U wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:28 am
bungle wrote: Renoise rules but isn't being updated anymore because everybody who wanted a piano roll was told to go use something else, so update money, which is development money, dried up.
Are you saying that a big majority of Renoise licensed users want a piano roll? I don't believe that. Why the f**k bother with a tracker?
Don't get me wrong, Aodix is nice but I'd still have used it without a piano roll.
Using a tracker and asking for a piano roll is like using a standard DAW and asking for a tracker.
Sure, why not, but it doesn't take away anything if it's not implemented.
Bungle is just speculating , that's all .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

mholloway wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 am
VOODOO U wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:27 am It lives!
Keep on dreaming.

The dev has literally stated in the company's own forums that he can't & won't be devoting time to further development in the forseeable future. Bugfix updates like this are all we're gonna get, sadly.
can you show me where he said that ?

if he can’t , why doesn’t he just outsource it ?
even it did have audio and more a more modern blocky way of inputting notes it could be a very innovative program , i love the fx

dartfordyes wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:40 pm if he can’t , why doesn’t he just outsource it ?
Because he is still selling it. Sure it would be nice adding to it, otherwise it's worth the cost as is.

This thread got a little crazy...

Like I said before renoise was promised a piano roll over 20 years ago... HERE-

So that is about renoise NOT getting one... As long as it would've been a good one there would be no harm it only enhances workflow... The serious step recording is done in the tracker & the piano roll is where you can quickly move notes around & lengthen or shorten...

Have used most all-

Aero Studio
BeRoTracker
BUZE
DreamStation II
Aodix
Psycle (latest version has a hack-job style)

Mueller (TakTik) just hates piano rolls, massive hate so back in the day I'm sure Phazze wanted one but was viciously overruled...

No big I always thought they should put the NoiseTrekker2/Protrekkr Dual 303s back in renoise if nothing else>>>

Only thing I felt like missing for a while, was midi fx and it took some time to implement, but now, as long as all major plugin formats work, for me it`s a pretty complete tool. Great sequencer, the best sampler. It`s an instrument, a lot like korg electribe imo. Mixing and routing and all other long file stuff is what reaper is perfect for.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”