New multi-layer single-instrument drum plugin: Oh!Snap by MNE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oh!Snap

I don't know about mostly, but it's a plugin not a standalone. It also has a feature to add latency so that the impact point lines up with the incoming MIDI. That means you can easily create a snare with a reversed build-up and you don't have to shift the MIDI note forward in time.

I plan on using it for both purposes.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Thanks, yea, ill prob pick it up before the intro runs out. :tu:

Thanks for taking an interest in my project folks, it's much appreciated.
Dr.Gunjah wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 am I could still check if a sound fits tonally within the other layers without setting a perfect impact point. The drag and drop workflow shown in the video with the box showing up looks like a massive creativity killer.
Dr.Gunjah wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:50 pm Unfortunately I think you are right. I'm looking for a decent layering plugin for snares/claps mainly but I'd want to easily use my own samples and I also wouldn't want the plugin to hold a copy of the samples I throw at it :/
The plugin in its current state is indeed not geared towards that kind of usage.
Particular emphasis is placed on aligning the layers. Which at the moment requires a sync point to be set, as pough mentioned.

The use case you describe sounds relevant to me though.
I can see some kind of « batch/folder drag and dropping » and an option to not copy imported samples. This would set the sync point of the dropped samples to sample/index 0 by default, which works for a lot of pre-cut/processed drum sample. It would also require an easy way to switch the sample source on a layer though, without going back and forth between the rack and the library...

This isn’t a top priority at the moment though, I’m afraid. But I’ll write back to you if I add this feature!
pekbro wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:19 pm Is this for playing drums? i thought it mostly
for making drum samples for players like
Tal-Drum for instance.
You're right, it is not for playing drumS. It is an individual drum generator/synthesiser.
It receives midi notes sequenced externally (taking only velocity into consideration for now, not pitch -> update pretty high on the priority list) and plays back all the layers you have loaded in your rack !

tMoune wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:32 am The use case you describe sounds relevant to me though.
I can see some kind of « batch/folder drag and dropping » and an option to not copy imported samples. This would set the sync point of the dropped samples to sample/index 0 by default, which works for a lot of pre-cut/processed drum sample. It would also require an easy way to switch the sample source on a layer though, without going back and forth between the rack and the library...

This isn’t a top priority at the moment though, I’m afraid. But I’ll write back to you if I add this feature!
Ok, cool I'm looking forward to it!

What kind of music would you say are the factory sounds geared for mainly?

Looks really cool. Gonna give it a try! Curious if the granular can do the type of lo-fi stretch like abletons impulse stretch can do.

There are so many drum rack type containers, like Maschine, ableon drum rack and bitwig drum machine. So this type of drum plugin is really useful and I always wish drum plugins had a single drum version.

Return to “Instruments”