Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ahhoh.. not even going to take the bait.. :o :ud: :P
It is very hard sometimes though... hehe :)

vroteg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:06 pm Bitwig 50 percent discount prove that business is not doing well. I wonder why.
Bitwig fanboys will continue to fap of questionable releases. Good luck. I have a head and can think.
So, you've conveniently left out the most crucial part: the reason for the 50% discount, which happens to be Bitwig's 10-year anniversary, just to make this mind-bogglingly brainless point. Yet, you still manage to be unbelievably dense by adding that you wonder why... Bravo! This is undoubtedly a top contender for the dumbest user post of the year :clap:

SmajjL wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm Ahhoh.. not even going to take the bait.. :o :ud: :P
It's easier when you put the person on ignore... :lol:

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 pm
SmajjL wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm Ahhoh.. not even going to take the bait.. :o :ud: :P
It's easier when you put the person on ignore... :lol:
It's the first one that hit my eyeballs from that user so i go with the baseball rules humbly and i need the "without a doubt" thing, maby he ate spoiled Guacamole - who knows what's app... ;)

SmajjL wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:16 pm
The beatdetection alone is making my cry of joy - 5.2 is going to be Huge for *me* with all of this stuff :clap:
I think it is just a matter of time before some youtuber does it, guess they also have seen this video now ;)
I did some tests recording various percussion sounds and in the limited number I tried, the onset detection was accurate. No manual editing needed at all.

My examples were easy cause they are drum/percussion only. I'm curious to try something more complicated.

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:52 pm
The beatdetection alone is making my cry of joy - 5.2 is going to be Huge for *me* with all of this stuff :clap:
I think it is just a matter of time before some youtuber does it, guess they also have seen this video now ;)
I did some tests recording various percussion sounds and in the limited number I tried, the onset detection was accurate. No manual editing needed at all.

My examples were easy cause they are drum/percussion only. I'm curious to try something more complicated.
Ahh yeah, i did find something interesting with an obvious firm beat that i thought should be easy for Bitwig but i think not, and that is A-Ha - Take On Me, and it was the .mp3 format.
Just information, i know it is a beta1 ;)

SmajjL wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:58 pm

Ahh yeah, i did find something interesting with an obvious firm beat that i thought should be easy for Bitwig but i think not, and that is A-Ha - Take On Me, and it was the .mp3 format.
In what was it inaccurate? Missing onsets? Too many onsets?

During betas is the best time to send in reports... they are busy fixing/improving stuff :tu:

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:01 pm

During betas is the best time to send in reports... they are busy fixing/improving stuff :tu:
I am on my way installing something Linux atm, but i think Bitwig did not love when the Synth came onboard and yeah, just mentioned something specific with a name so anyone can confirm if they want :)

SmajjL wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:06 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:01 pm

I am on my way installing something Linux atm, but i think Bitwig did not love when the Synth came onboard and yeah, just mentioned something specific with a name so anyone can confirm if they want :)
Ps, the beat without a synt will also drop the ball so, maby this is a good tip for the devs should they be evsedropping.. ;)

enCiphered wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm
So, you've conveniently left out the most crucial part: the reason for the 50% discount, which happens to be Bitwig's 10-year anniversary, just to make this mind-bogglingly brainless point. Yet, you still manage to be unbelievably dense by adding that you wonder why... Bravo! This is undoubtedly a top contender for the dumbest user post of the year :clap:
Wow. You absolutely clueless what cause and effect is? I’m sorry for you and I’m sorry I have to explain you such a simple things.

Their “anniversary” was almost a month ago and they decided to celebrate it with 10 years old video. Then they release very questionable 5.2 which was not that well received as they expected. Of cause except some paid influencers and bunch of blind fanboys here. Now they in the position they have to ask for bump in profit and here where the excuse with anniversary comes in.
It’s so easy to see through this scheme…

I'm starting to think a certain poster here is actually an AI testing shit posting techniques on this forum, and scrubbing our replies to it. It's learning what to do in order to spread propaganda, manufactured consent, and stir chaos on social media in order to influence future political elections across the globe.

And also, it's powered by gay frogs. Don't forget the gay frogs. ;)
"music is the best"

Ha, I knew as soon as I saw the email announcing a discount, there would be at least one person claiming on KvR that it means the company is in trouble. :hihi:

vroteg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:11 pm Then they release very questionable 5.2 which was not that well received as they expected
5.2 is in beta, it hasn't been released yet.

If you want an actual example of "not well received," cast your gaze a short while back to the Spectral Suite being released as an add-on. (They relented, gave it away for free and refunded everyone who paid for it.) Or for a more recent but much less intense example, the new browser. (Which improved during the beta, and though some people still don't like it, a lot of people were, after the initial grumbling, able to set it up in a way that works better than the old browser.)

What exactly do you think is "very questionable" about this BETA TEST VERSION which was fully expected to be buggy and need more work before the actual release?

Funk Dracula wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:34 pm I'm starting to think a certain poster here is actually an AI testing shit posting techniques on this forum, and scrubbing our replies to it. It's learning what to do in order to spread propaganda, manufactured consent, and stir chaos on social media in order to influence future political elections across the globe.

And also, it's powered by gay frogs. Don't forget the gay frogs. ;)
You've forgotten that in AI, "I" stands for "Intelligence" :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

vroteg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:11 pm It’s so easy to see through this scheme…
Bitwig are just a small company and their scheme is to make the best DAW they can.

They're no soulless corporation. Just a bunch of creatives trying their best to create. And doing a great job in my opinion.

I, like some others, renewed my licence during the over the top reaction to them trying to launch the spectral suite. I think people showing support at that time have licenses running out about now, just before 5.2. I think perhaps the short window of half price licenses are partly as a thank you to that group that showed support.

vroteg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:11 pm
enCiphered wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm
Wow. You absolutely clueless what cause and effect is? I’m sorry for you and I’m sorry I have to explain you such a simple things.

Their “anniversary” was almost a month ago and they decided to celebrate it with 10 years old video. Then they release very questionable 5.2 which was not that well received as they expected. Of cause except some paid influencers and bunch of blind fanboys here. Now they in the position they have to ask for bump in profit and here where the excuse with anniversary comes in.
It’s so easy to see through this scheme…
You write like you present cold hard scientifics facts that are impossible to deny.
You would come across a lot wiser when you consider that you just have an opinion.
Or at best a bit of argumented theory. One out of a sea of possible theories.

Return to “Bitwig”