Audiority The British Tanks Collection - Vintage Distortion Pedal Plugins - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Raksha wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:05 pm No attention for this?
Not much from me really... generally speaking I love Audiority, but pedal emulations - and especially saturation/distortion - are usually not something to coax enough interest out of me to even just visit the product's pages (the same with SS amp-emulation to be frank but that's another story)...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I dig these. The Bluesmaster in particular is nice and dark in a way I like. The Guv'nor will also get some use. By the time I decided I liked those two, just made sense to get the full bundle. I own quite a few of the Audiority stomps and if I could have two wishes for Audiority stomps it would be 1) an Ultra HQ mode, and 2) a pedal board host of some kind where I could load these effects in a single environment for easy stacking, editing, and only having to run these through oversampling but one time. I imagine the latter would be a crap ton of work for a small company though.

Audiority wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:10 am
SirKen wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:34 am Is the Audiority website functioning? I have tried logging in on three different browsers and nothing goes through. I have also tried to use the password reset and the contact support options and everything seems to be broken. The support page is giving me "this field is required" error for all the fields even though I already have text entered on each of the fields.
The site is working and we are still getting support requests. If you are having issues, you can open a ticket by writing to support<at>audiority.com

Cheers,
Luca
Thank you for the prompt response, Luca. I have sent a support request to not flood this thread with my issues.

To get back on topic, these sound great in the videos. I am looking forward to purchasing them when I get my access back.

All 4 of these plugins are listed as discontinued now! :cry:
Why?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Brutally honest? Their sales volume were incredibly low, to the point that updating them would cost me more than what I could earn in a year. Maybe they will be resurrected in a different form.. we'll see.

Luca

Well, I did my part. :shrug:
Hopefully they will be replaced with BOSS BF-2, PH-1r & PH-2, and MXR M-117 Flanger & M-107 Phase 100 models.

Disappointing, I mean you might as well put a disclaimer on the product page saying *to receive ongoing support these products need to sell X amount of copies.

Come on man, stand by your product as they are excellent.

I understand the disappointment, but that's a shared feeling. If a product sells less than $1000 in its ENTIRE lifetime, there's clearly something wrong. I was about to shut them down in the first 2023 quarter, but I wanted to give them more time. Nothing changed, despite the sales.. hence the decision.

Audiority wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 am I understand the disappointment, but that's a shared feeling. If a product sells less than $1000 in its ENTIRE lifetime, there's clearly something wrong. I was about to shut them down in the first 2023 quarter, but I wanted to give them more time. Nothing changed, despite the sales.. hence the decision.
Ok, fair enough

Anyways, it's also true and fair to provide who purchased a bit of support for the next years. I'll see to update all pedals in a way that current customers will be able to still use them for more time.

It’s safe to say I overreacted a bit… or a lot. I understand your predicament, Luca. One last update sounds fair to me, and much appreciated.

In my experience your customer support, bug fixes etc.. has been outstanding.

Thanks,
Christian

The brutal reality is that it simply is true in a plugin marketplace that if a plugin is to receive ongoing support it needs to sell copies or bring in money for that support. We crap on Waves routinely because WUP feels bad when you have to update and pay, but that's really the only way to curate a massive collection of things including stuff that nobody is really seeking out and buying anymore, but ensuring that they continue to receive support. If a company just disregarded the need to actually make money and stay a going concern, they're not gonna be around to support the software then either. It's a rough situation, I hope that the ones I love the most are better sellers, as I don't see Audiority doing an AUP any time soon but I don't want Luca's efforts to go unrewarded and hurt the business either.

Audiority wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:17 am Anyways, it's also true and fair to provide who purchased a bit of support for the next years. I'll see to update all pedals in a way that current customers will be able to still use them for more time.
Luca, can you tell us a little more about this?
I take it the catalyst for the British Tanks being discontinued is you've decided they're not worth the extensive refactoring necessary for the new framework you've been moving all your plugins to.

But are there specific issues right now that the new framework resolves, which you still will need to address on a more limited basis for the British Tanks, or are you just talking about minor maintenance as needed to keep the plugins working in the future, as new issues may arise? Or perhaps this is related to deeply entrenched VST2 code that would be non-trivial to untangle and remove?

Well, my framework evolved during time and it's changed a lot since 2021. Under the hood, we have the new UI rescaling, totally new parameters handling, most parts of the licenser are different and so on. Updating all 4 plugins would take over a month usually. In the meantime, I'm updating the other plugins as well and working on 3 products between the two companies :D I will fit the Tanks in my schedule, so that the Silicon update will be there for all of them. PC users won't see much difference between the current 2021 release and the new version i'll make.

That's a little sad, maybe just keep the shredmaster and Guv Nor if it's too much to do all four.

Return to “Effects”