An Alternative To Reaktor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiouser720 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:03 pm I’m gonna keep using Reaktor. I really don’t feel I need an alternative. If I did, I would opt for VCV I think, but I prefer Reaktor. Sounds better. Just remind me why Reaktor alternatives are a hot topic everywhere now? NI announced maintenance updates only (not permanently btw just for the foreseeable future), announced subscription model so what? If something works then I am not going to compromise
This is true, and I thought the same, until I saw that Reaktor and instruments based on it (Monark, Razor, etc.) are not included in any of the upcoming subscription plans - that does not look good to me.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 am Ok, I'm just posting this as I thought it might make a good topic and because well I've not posted any threads here in a long while.

Just in case some of you don't know, I did develop my own hugely complex synths in Reaktor many moons ago, so not a total nube to it all. :D
In general I stand by pure data as a replacement for an insanely flexible, cross platform, cross DAW, synthesis and data manipulation environment, but as a platform for making "standalone" or as close as possible synth and FX with their own interfaces and all that jazz, I don't think there's much else out there (I'm not immediately familiar with your reaktor work so I don't know how hardcore you got with your stuff). You have Max which is great for users of Live and does everything along with cool GUIs. Synthedit and Synth maker (flowstone? Maybe part of FL?) both have huge potential but I don't think either really survived the move to 64-bit (God knows about post Intel Mac). I might have missed why you wanted to leave realtor behind at all. I always wanted the "reaktor player" licensed instrument platform to take off the way kontakt libraries did but that obviously didn't happen.
NI might be killing itself with all their stupid moves and would probably already be way more screwed if kontakt wasn't such a ubiquitous platform for anyone in scoring. But unless they do something extra dumb and try and move to a Subscription only service model or something else equally ridiculous, they'll be around for the foreseeable future and many many NI users own complete and therefore Reaktor. So I don't know if there's a real competitor out there that gives your creations to anywhere near as wide an audience.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 am Ok, I'm just posting this as I thought it might make a good topic and because well I've not posted any threads here in a long while.
Since Fri 3rd May or Fri 29th April?

Yeah, that's a long while...

It was Sync Modular. Oh, wait....

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 am Just in case some of you don't know, I did develop my own hugely complex synths in Reaktor many moons ago, so not a total nube to it all. :D

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 pm

Just in case some of you don't know, I did develop my own hugely complex synths in Reaktor many moons ago, so not a total nube to it all. :D
In general I stand by pure data as a replacement for an insanely flexible, cross platform, cross DAW, synthesis and data manipulation environment, but as a platform for making "standalone" or as close as possible synth and FX with their own interfaces and all that jazz, I don't think there's much else out there (I'm not immediately familiar with your reaktor work so I don't know how hardcore you got with your stuff). You have Max which is great for users of Live and does everything along with cool GUIs. Synthedit and Synth maker (flowstone? Maybe part of FL?) both have huge potential but I don't think either really survived the move to 64-bit (God knows about post Intel Mac). I might have missed why you wanted to leave realtor behind at all. I always wanted the "reaktor player" licensed instrument platform to take off the way kontakt libraries did but that obviously didn't happen.
NI might be killing itself with all their stupid moves and would probably already be way more screwed if kontakt wasn't such a ubiquitous platform for anyone in scoring. But unless they do something extra dumb and try and move to a Subscription only service model or something else equally ridiculous, they'll be around for the foreseeable future and many many NI users own complete and therefore Reaktor. So I don't know if there's a real competitor out there that gives your creations to anywhere near as wide an audience.
It was back 2014 / 2015 / 2016 when I dabbled a bit in synthesizer design and development just for fun and experimentation in learning what I could do. I didn't ever release them because they ended up being too CPU heavy.

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/ ... .html#insd

Since then I focused on GUI development of re-skinnable VSTs, which proved popular.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

seafire wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:44 pm
Since Fri 3rd May or Fri 29th April?

Yeah, that's a long while...
I've not made a thread in the instrument section for a long while.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 pm Synthedit and Synth maker (flowstone? Maybe part of FL?) both have huge potential but I don't think either really survived the move to 64-bit (God knows about post Intel Mac).
SynthEdit is actively developed and supports 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows, macOS both Intel and ARM (M1 etc) for many years.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 am

Hugely complex ...Dunning -Kruger :lol:
I had a look at the structure of your synths , and sorry bt it screams NOOb all over , some connections just don't make any sense at all .
It shows you don't understand the underlyng primary event signals .
A thousand wires does NOT mean it's complex ,But to you answer your question : Plug data
Wow. Don't hold back... :dog:

Making any Reaktor synths at all shows he's not a total noob to it, which is what he said.

Absolutely no need to tear into someone because you have a different view of complexity...

Cmon, at least try to lift the community up...

Jeff McClintock wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:02 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 pm Synthedit and Synth maker (flowstone? Maybe part of FL?) both have huge potential but I don't think either really survived the move to 64-bit (God knows about post Intel Mac).
SynthEdit is actively developed and supports 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows, macOS both Intel and ARM (M1 etc) for many years.
I didn't mean to imply that these things didn't exist anymore. Just that there used to be tons and tons of releases based on them and now there are not. I don't know what stopped the massive amount of releases based on synth edit. A lot of it was that existing plugins couldn't be ported easily to 64-bit. It seemed like it happened right at the switch to 64-bit. I seem to remember hearing that there was some big set of 3rd party modules that didn't go to 64-bit. I know it's still actively developed as a platform. I've built a few things in it here and there. It's cool that it's ARM and OSX compatible. Can it run on a raspberry pi?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

_leras wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:14 am

I had a look at the structure of your synths , and sorry bt it screams NOOb all over , some connections just don't make any sense at all .
A thousand wires does NOT mean it's complex ,But to you answer your question : Plug data

Making any Reaktor synths at all shows he's not a total noob to it, which is what he said.

Absolutely no need to tear into someone because you have a different view of complexity...

Cmon, at least try to lift the community up...
Unfortunately, there are a minority of really aggressive and outright rude elitists who regularly attack strangers on KVR and take it from being a place that should be light hearted discussion about a hobby into one of most remarkably hostile internet forums. The reputation KVR has is pretty woeful as a result.

swilow11 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:20 am Unfortunately, there are a minority of really aggressive and outright rude elitists who regularly attack strangers on KVR and take it from being a place that should be light hearted discussion about a hobby into one of most remarkably hostile internet forums. The reputation KVR has is pretty woeful as a result.
Yes, and unfortunately it seems moderators play a significant role. Would be nice if they did a better, more effective and pro-active job.
A well-behaved signature.

Some folks are just so over the top, they will illicit a particular type of response most every time they say anything. Truth be told its their own fault more times than not. Trying to say that we are hostile towards anyone without rhyme or reason is not really a good indicator of having a viewpoint based on actual reality. :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:44 am Some folks are just so over the top, they will illicit a particular type of response most every time they say anything. Truth be told its their own fault more times than not. Trying to say that we are hostile towards anyone without rhyme or reason is not really a good indicator of having a viewpoint based on actual reality. :shrug:
I don't recall you at all so not sure who "we" is but blaming the victim is a pretty typical bullying tactic. And sure, perhaps this user says silly things. We're talking about music software, not global politics. Who cares? The post that started this was just unnecessarily cruel.

_leras wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:14 am

That doesn't make threads like these any more useful.

Really, don't be dazed. This is all about the OP and his boing little world.

"Hey, I haven't created a new thread in a while, like, a week or so."
"Hey, I once made those super complex and smart Reaktor instruments."
"Hey, I already had the blueprints for Reason Studios new UI in my drawer in 2014."

It's all about him, and, you all feed his ego. Face it.

Don't worry though, he'll get bored in the blink of an eye again, and creates the next topic about nothing.

Return to “Instruments”