glitchy folk waltz

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep, going with glitchy folk waltz for a description. See what you think.

This began life as a "riff" from Endlesss Studio (the part that begins around 3:07)

https://soundcloud.com/atm0spher1c/two- ... al_sharing

All listens and comments are appreciated.

I'm actually not a fan of waltz-like rhythms. But with “two you” you created a
beautiful song. You mastered the balance between meditative suspension and
melodic attention brilliantly. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Thanks for the kind words and for listening enroe. I struggled to find good descriptors for this tune. I appreciate you taking a listen.

That sounds great! The vocal fits the overall vibe nicely. I think the clicky percussion doesn't sit in the mix as well as it could, at least to my ears and on the speakers I use at work. The sound fits the style but the volume isn't as balanced as the rest of the track which kinda makes it sound like those percussive sounds are separate, if that makes sense. IMHO, of course.
All in all I think it's a great piece. Thanks for sharing.

I loved the arpeggiated sequence that introduced the piece. The vocal melody is cool. It sounds like you have some sort of vocoder harmonisation in the background. The panning setup is effective and gives the song an effective sense of motion. When the bass synth appears at 2:07, the track really takes off (especially between 2:35 and 3:05).

Overall the piece sounds like a hybrid Tangerine Dream/Thomas Newman movie credit scoring sequence.

Good work :)

This is probability my favorite tune of yours so far.
First, I am a big fan of melodic percussion and this starts out with some very sweet MP.
Then it develops several times into a deeper composition, which is well developed and very interesting. :idea: :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”