Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:39 am
Dalle wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:32 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:55 pm
Dalle wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:07 am
Opaque wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:55 am For those that used Reason as a plugin and a DAW, is there any major difference in terms of modulation capabilities, or features missing from the rack in its VST version compared to using it within Reason?
Biggest problem with the rack plugin to me is there’s no midi routing. In the DAW you can do some interesting sequencing and modulation with CV that doesn’t work in the plugin because every synth is triggered by incoming midi.
Yes, just as Xbitz said, Combinator 2 let you do anything you want... You choose the instrument answering the midi inputs, and the one controlled by your utilities or players...
There are some workarounds, but you can’t just send different midi to different instruments/fx in the rack like you could with ReWire for example.
This why I preferred rewire ( I must be in the minority)because I hated reason’s sequencer ( and piano rolls in general )
Loading up renoise , and sequence all of reason’s instrument’s over rewire in renoise ,including automation .
Route each instrument into the hw device and mix it in renoise mixer , it was great and so much more flexible compared to reason vst.
Can't you just open the instruments in separate RRPs? Unless there's some interaction between them that can't be fixed with bus channels? One of the advantages of the RRP is that it isn't a large mess of everything.

kae wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:25 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:39 am
Dalle wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:32 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:55 pm
Dalle wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:07 am
Opaque wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:55 am For those that used Reason as a plugin and a DAW, is there any major difference in terms of modulation capabilities, or features missing from the rack in its VST version compared to using it within Reason?
Biggest problem with the rack plugin to me is there’s no midi routing. In the DAW you can do some interesting sequencing and modulation with CV that doesn’t work in the plugin because every synth is triggered by incoming midi.
Yes, just as Xbitz said, Combinator 2 let you do anything you want... You choose the instrument answering the midi inputs, and the one controlled by your utilities or players...
There are some workarounds, but you can’t just send different midi to different instruments/fx in the rack like you could with ReWire for example.
This why I preferred rewire ( I must be in the minority)because I hated reason’s sequencer ( and piano rolls in general )
Loading up renoise , and sequence all of reason’s instrument’s over rewire in renoise ,including automation .
Route each instrument into the hw device and mix it in renoise mixer , it was great and so much more flexible compared to reason vst.
Can't you just open the instruments in separate RRPs? Unless there's some interaction between them that can't be fixed with bus channels? One of the advantages of the RRP is that it isn't a large mess of everything.
I don't think that there is any interactions between RRP that can't be fixed (and I must add easily) from your DAW. At least with Bitwig, there is none...
It is just a question of habits and workflow. RRP - while not yet perfect - is a very good product and works very very well in your DAW. And it isn't a resource hog...

Jac459 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:46 am https://youtu.be/x2vVAV5bgZ8?si=gW5l7eZUz-7dCLOC

If this video has not been shared yet... Awesome thoughts and ideas from Beyun here and the use of Reason as a companion for ... an external hardware sequencer.

Brillant example of somebody who isn't whining at the product limitations all day and get the things done.
Best Reason video to date.

spacepluk wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 am
Jac459 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:46 am https://youtu.be/x2vVAV5bgZ8?si=gW5l7eZUz-7dCLOC

If this video has not been shared yet... Awesome thoughts and ideas from Beyun here and the use of Reason as a companion for ... an external hardware sequencer.

Brillant example of somebody who isn't whining at the product limitations all day and get the things done.
Best Reason video to date.
Well, competition is tough... "Infekt" made also quite good videos on Objekt for bass...

kae wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:25 am Can't you just open the instruments in separate RRPs? Unless there's some interaction between them that can't be fixed with bus channels? One of the advantages of the RRP is that it isn't a large mess of everything.
One person’s ”large mess” is another person’s, you know, rack. :wink: I’d prefer having everything visible in one place, freely routable, to constantly opening and closing separate windows that can’t interact.

Amen. Awesome video too. She seems very creative with the way she's got her setup working so well.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

anyway, the features from Tracktion Waveform should have been brought to Reason by now, such as chord, marker, and folder tracks

and then let's just forget about the clip launcher; Blocks are much more useful anyway, but at least let's make it possible to loop the unfortunate clips (Waveform knows linking between clips too)

uff
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Hmm been playing with the idea off getting reason again just for fun .
I can get reason 10 for 75 euro's which I think is a verry good deal , to good to be true met thinks .
Waiting for an anwer if it's actually the full version or light .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Dalle wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:49 am I’d prefer having everything visible in one place, freely routable, to constantly opening and closing separate windows that can’t interact.
Absolutely - one would think there's not even two ways to see this...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Several things that keep me going to the DAW and not using RRP:

- DAW supports VST plugins, RRP doesn't. I'd like to make a bunch of combinators with airwindows plugins in...

- DAW has a really nice "record sample" button on the interface of a lot of the instruments (not only samplers but also as a wavetable into Europa!) In RRP the buttons are present but broken.

- DAW has a really good implementation of swing; multiple swing styles can be "mixed" and assigned to different sequencer tracks. I wish my main DAW (REAPER) had this...

imrae wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:01 pm
- DAW has a really good implementation of swing; multiple swing styles can be "mixed" and assigned to different sequencer tracks. I wish my main DAW (REAPER) had this...
You mean the regroove? I havent quite sussed that

hotmitts wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:17 am
same here. I always find it hidden (for me) and never use it. Any good video about it?

kmonkey wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:56 am
hotmitts wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:17 am
same here. I always find it hidden (for me) and never use it. Any good video about it?
I found this one quite informative / inspiring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c2phMc2wgw

I liked the new sound demos, must say.

My last version is Reason Adapted v3 or so :) but I do look at their updates every now and then.

Crossinger wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:02 am

I found this one quite informative / inspiring:
Thank you!!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”