The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

Trying the demo, how do I turn the sequencer off?

Edit: Or turn it on. It doesn't seem to work unless you've loaded a patch that already uses it. Unless there's something I'm missing?

Edit 2: Turns out I missed the Arp switch on the top right :dog: which for some reason is placed about as far from the sequencer tab as possible.

I think the rationale is that people tend to want to turn off the effects or the arp most often hence their juxtaposition next to each other and prominent location...
But indeed, like you, it took me a few seconds to initially locate it.
rsp
sound sculptist

BONES wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:59 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:11 pmCould test whether it nulls with The Legend when the settings are the same (and effects that have been added or changed, like the delay etc., are off of course).
Maybe if I was the kind of sad f**k who would bother. But, mercifully, I am not.

When kvr auto inserts an asterix or two in a word that exists in a modern dictionary, that's when you know the gig is up Bones 😁

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:41 pm HZ Legend has 3 more oscillators, and mseg, matrix and new filter bank. Was there anything else added besides this?
Seq/Arp, other FX

Thanks seafire!

The LFO section is interesting. I don't think there is a way to have free running lfo's but one can use the MSEG in LOOP mode.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

seafire wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:46 pm
HZ asked SA to create this. He liked the original but wanted extras. Nothing to do with money. I very much doubt HZ gets a penny from it. He does however get an instrument he can use in all his soundtracks.
Of course no money changed hands, Hz never made a penny, he doesn't need it right?
Is your assertion factual though because judging by the price I'd say it has all the hallmarks of a business agreement, not just a casual exchange as you suggest.

Either way it is a superb instrument born from a unique collaboration.

Not really unique, he already did it with uhe

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:25 pm Thanks seafire!

The LFO section is interesting. I don't think there is a way to have free running lfo's but one can use the MSEG in LOOP mode.
The osc are free running by default, so presumably when they are used as lfo, they are too.

kraster wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm
Uncle E wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:17 pm If you do the same thing with two instances of The Legend (not HZ), does it null?
It does indeed.
Thanks for taking the time to check for me!

zvenx wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am I don't understand why someone would expect to get Legend after buying Legend HZ.
Why would you even need Legend? Legend HZ does all Legend can do and much more.

And to the person wanting it at half price, would you also consider they should keep the upgrade price the same? Thus someone can in essence buy The Legend + upgrade to Legend HZ, cheaper than Just buying Legend HZ outright? ($50+79 vs $179)

rsp
Because for a simple sub bass I don't need all the additions of TLHZ and can therefore have the simpler interface of TL. You make it sound like I expect something akin to having Bill Gates clean my toilet because I bought a key for WIn 11! Where it is more akin to when buying a Spitfire orchestral library that has a lesser version, you also get that lesser version for the sake of simplicity when you don't need the additional functionality.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Doggo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:37 pm Either way it is a unique instrument born from a superb collaboration.
FIF @seafire

kenny saunders wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm Where it is more akin to when buying a Spitfire orchestral library that has a lesser version, you also get that lesser version for the sake of simplicity when you don't need the additional functionality.
A Spitfire library doesn't require upkeep.

kenny saunders wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm .....

Because for a simple sub bass I don't need all the additions of TLHZ and can therefore have the simpler interface of TL. ....
Did you buy the Legend in the almost 8 years it was available for purchasing?

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am I don't understand why someone would expect to get Legend after buying Legend HZ.
Why would you even need Legend? Legend HZ does all Legend can do and much more.

And to the person wanting it at half price, would you also consider they should keep the upgrade price the same? Thus someone can in essence buy The Legend + upgrade to Legend HZ, cheaper than Just buying Legend HZ outright? ($50+79 vs $179)

rsp
You are making the assumption here that everyone already owns either one.. what If someone doesn't want the complexer Legend HZ but the simpler, and yes, cheaper original Legend?

Simply asking a simple question as to why they decided tot take that option off the table..

Which was available for 8 years and never bought it but all of a sudden want it?
hmmm
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”