DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.2)

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Oh i didn't know of these tutorials, i will watch that. I'm sure people are always asking for more ! But it's your fault, your work is so damned good :)

moss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 am Sadly, Bitwig did still not adapt the API to the new browser. So, there is nothing I can do about it. Complain to Bitwig, the more the merrier ;-)
ahh, that's the worst. hopefully that gets fixed soon, what a strange oversight!
moss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 am See the section "Differences between the models" and then "Mk2" in the Maschine chapter in the DrivenByMoss manual.
while the select previous/next device function i was able to figure out the mk2's method of doing(by looking in the maschine studio section, oddly enough), switching device parameter pages just doesn't seem to work. i thought maybe i had the button combination wrong, but what's described in the manual is exactly what i was trying to do. strange, because i'm able to use both the left+right buttons on their own as well as the stop/shift button.

EDIT: turns out the button combination to change devices doesnt work either.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

moss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:30 am Thanks for reporting! Will be fixed in the next update!
Thanks for the effort. :tu: :tu: :tu:
moss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 am
zenophilix wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:54 pm
pc999 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:00 pm
zenophilix wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:33 am hello!

i'm working on getting familiar with the mapping for the maschine mk2, but i'm stumped on the browser function- specifically i can't seem to filter by devie vendor, which is my primary way of sorting through my devices. what am i missing?
It is broken on Launchpad too since Bitwig did this horrible update to the browser.

I think it is BWS fault.
that's... really disappointing. hopefully the script gets updated soon.
Sadly, Bitwig did still not adapt the API to the new browser. So, there is nothing I can do about it. Complain to Bitwig, the more the merrier ;-)
Yeah time to write support again about it.

Edit: done

I've opened a pull request (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/pull/396) to show a notification to the user on the HUI device display when an automation mode is engaged. Since there is no feedback on the Yamaha DM3 display when automation is engaged in "DAW Remote" mode, this is useful for the user to make them aware what mode they are in.

Hello Dear Jürgen,

- /vkb_midi/{Channel:1-16}/cc/{CC:0-127} is only working inside of Bitwigs Tracks to be recieved inside devices and VSTs, it seems? It is not working to make Midi Assignments via Bitwigs Midi Mapping mode, and also not working to be used in Bitwigs Shortcut Assignments. Any chance that you could enable those two additional functionalities? :) The crucial point of this would be that it's bi-directional, so that we could also recieve midi cc back into our OSC environment, via the same /vkb_midi adress (to have LED Feedback for Faders and Knobs on the Touch Interface). Would be wonderful :)

Thank you! :harp:
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

zenophilix wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:16 pm
moss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 am See the section "Differences between the models" and then "Mk2" in the Maschine chapter in the DrivenByMoss manual.
while the select previous/next device function i was able to figure out the mk2's method of doing(by looking in the maschine studio section, oddly enough), switching device parameter pages just doesn't seem to work. i thought maybe i had the button combination wrong, but what's described in the manual is exactly what i was trying to do. strange, because i'm able to use both the left+right buttons on their own as well as the stop/shift button.

Needed to refresh my memory a bit as well :-) It works like this:
Since the Page left/right buttons cannot be used in MIDI mode you need to use the Navigation mode instead. Press the NAVIGATE button (see VARIATION button in the manual): "Press a pad to select one of 8 or 9 parameters of the current device on the selected track. The parameter pads are colored in the Bitwig parameter colors. The select parameter blinks. Pads 13/14 select the device to edit on the current track. Pads 15/16 select the parameter page."

Will improve the manual with this missing information and also implement Shift+Cursor left/right to switch parameter pages as well.

nowiamone wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:05 pm Hello Dear Jürgen,

- /vkb_midi/{Channel:1-16}/cc/{CC:0-127} is only working inside of Bitwigs Tracks to be recieved inside devices and VSTs, it seems? It is not working to make Midi Assignments via Bitwigs Midi Mapping mode, and also not working to be used in Bitwigs Shortcut Assignments. Any chance that you could enable those two additional functionalities? :) The crucial point of this would be that it's bi-directional, so that we could also recieve midi cc back into our OSC environment, via the same /vkb_midi adress (to have LED Feedback for Faders and Knobs on the Touch Interface). Would be wonderful :)

Thank you! :harp:
No, this won't work. But for controlling you have remote control parameters (and now also on a track and project level).

DrivenByMoss 23.2.2 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Akai Fire
    • New: When unselecting the last edit note in seqencers a notification is now shown that the note edit mode is off.
    • Fixed: In drum sequencers when the last edit note was unselected, it was deleted as well.
  • HUI
    • New: Automation mode is shown in the display when a new mode is selected.
  • Launchpad Pro
    • Fixed: Play mode restore did not work when combined with keeping Track Select button pressed.
  • Native Instruments Kontrol Mk3
    • New: 'Metronome' can now also be selected to switch modes.
  • Native Instruments Maschine Mk2/Studio
    • Fixed: Shift+Cursor left/right did not switch parameter pages.
Enjoy!

Cool! Thanks :tu:

Native Instruments Kontrol Mk3
New: 'Metronome' can now also be selected to switch modes.

Yay! Thanks

not sure how to search just this post, it has almost 6000 responses...so I ask

can this work with the first Novation Launchpad?

the original hardware version released over 10 years ago?

your documentation doesnt mention it

cheers

Ben

ben303 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:16 pm not sure how to search just this post, it has almost 6000 responses...so I ask

can this work with the first Novation Launchpad?

the original hardware version released over 10 years ago?

your documentation doesnt mention it

cheers

Ben
No, it is not supported. Besides the fact that I do not have this one, it is a bit too slow.

moss wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:22 pm
zenophilix wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:16 pm

Needed to refresh my memory a bit as well :-) It works like this:
Since the Page left/right buttons cannot be used in MIDI mode you need to use the Navigation mode instead. Press the NAVIGATE button (see VARIATION button in the manual): "Press a pad to select one of 8 or 9 parameters of the current device on the selected track. The parameter pads are colored in the Bitwig parameter colors. The select parameter blinks. Pads 13/14 select the device to edit on the current track. Pads 15/16 select the parameter page."

Will improve the manual with this missing information and also implement Shift+Cursor left/right to switch parameter pages as well.
ahhh, think that makes sense. the manual's always been sort of difficult for me to work with, especially when referring back and forth between paragraphs to work out what the Mk2 equivalent is :hihi: thanks for giving my little groovebox some love
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Hello, first of all thank you for all your work on DrivenByMoss!
I have an AKAI Force, and just got Bitwig at the sale, after testing it with the Force and DrivenByMoss and being quite happy with it.
Unfortunately i have a very annoying issue: As soon as i install AKAI Network MIDI driver, my Arturia MiniFreak doesn't work via USB-Midi anymore. The driver seems to "hog"/occupy the MiniFreak to the point it can't be accessed by any app. I even reinstalled Windows 11 clean, to get to the bottom of this issue. Obviously this has very little to do with DrivenbyMoss, but given your experience with the AKAI Network Driver maybe you can point me in the right direction how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Controller Scripting”