Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:02 pm Try SpectraLayers, might fare better
It does have a full 30 day trial, thanks. Honestly I think I'm going to have to pay one of the specialized services, I think you need GUI or render farms to get really stellar results from this.

No Logic Pro 11 release notes yet. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Is the update available in the Mac store? I am unable to check at the moment.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 pm No Logic Pro 11 release notes yet. Hopefully by tomorrow.

No, but it's 3 minutes to 12 noon on the west coast, I wouldn't have expected it until between 12-7Pm today anyway.

machinesworking wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:58 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 pm No Logic Pro 11 release notes yet. Hopefully by tomorrow.

No, but it's 3 minutes to 12 noon on the west coast, I wouldn't have expected it until between 12-7Pm today anyway.
Alight. I am in the eastern part of the world and it's already 14th here. :)

Hoping to see some new discussion here when I check back tomorrow. :tu:

it's out

well this is a disappointing major revision.

Lame. Shame on me to expect more from a major 12.0 version.

Ploki wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 pm well this is a disappointing major revision.
Indeed. A long list of changes/fixes, but unfortunately, nothing made me smile let alone excited.

https://support.apple.com/en-euro/109503

Will go through it again in hope, and maybe too early to say, but I feel that even the point updates in the last year or so were better. AI screwing up so many things in some many areas!

Could’ve slapped AI on flex, or strip silence, or “AI auto arrange track order” based on content.

Could give us proper region gain

Could give us native ARA support

Could give us “chunks” like in DP

Could give us better export options

Could finally update Waveform rendering. Ffs it’s been 30 years

I could go on but it’s obvious Logic is heading towards hobbyist and mobile producer path.

This update made me seriously rethink if it’s time to jump boat. Not necessarily for what it is, but for what it signals

Yeah, and not to mention plugin search, better browser, etc.

Just imagine someone who's has jumped ship from FL Studio to Logic Pro last year. :?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am Indeed. A long list of changes/fixes, but unfortunately, nothing made me smile let alone excited.

Will go through it again in hope, and maybe too early to say, but I feel that even the point updates in the last year or so were better. AI screwing up so many things in some many areas!
IIRC, the changelog for 11 is shorter than some of the 10.x changelogs. After the announcement of 11 and the "AI" tools, I was expecting there was more there than what was initially announced.

I'm wondering about a couple things... (haven't actually had a chance to try Logic 11 yet). For example, on the Logic page on the Apple site, it lists as new, the various "assistants" and among them is Pitch Correction and the blurb for that says "Uses AI to intelligently track pitch to help deliver the perfect, natural-sounding vocal."

Does that mean there is something new there? The changelog says "New AI-enhanced tools join Smart Tempo and the Pitch Correction plug-in to augment your artistry." That implies to me not.

Even though that section is listed as new, Pitch Correction, Smart Tempo and Mastering Assistant are all not new. Only 2 of the 5 are new and that is Stem Splitter and ChromaGlow. Not clear why they are listing ChromaGlow along with the others.

Based on what I've seen, I'd have called it 10.9, not 11... but it's free, and really, that's unimportant. Just the name 11 caused my expectations to exceed reality. I've adjusted accordingly. :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am Indeed. A long list of changes/fixes, but unfortunately, nothing made me smile let alone excited.

After the announcement of 11 and the "AI" tools, I was expecting there was more there than what was initially announced.
This.
Based on what I've seen, I'd have called it 10.9, not 11... but it's free, and really, that's unimportant. Just the name 11 caused my expectations to exceed reality. I've adjusted accordingly. :hihi:
Since it's free, the only relevance of major version was if it had the features/improvements we actually wanted. Not to be. There may be a few things that we would appreciate once we do update, but it's a big adjustment on our part to see Logic Pro 11 load but we still only use it as Logic Pro 10.8.1. :wink:

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 pm

IIRC, the changelog for 11 is shorter than some of the 10.x changelogs. After the announcement of 11 and the "AI" tools, I was expecting there was more there than what was initially announced.

I'm wondering about a couple things... (haven't actually had a chance to try Logic 11 yet). For example, on the Logic page on the Apple site, it lists as new, the various "assistants" and among them is Pitch Correction and the blurb for that says "Uses AI to intelligently track pitch to help deliver the perfect, natural-sounding vocal."

Does that mean there is something new there? The changelog says "New AI-enhanced tools join Smart Tempo and the Pitch Correction plug-in to augment your artistry." That implies to me not.

Even though that section is listed as new, Pitch Correction, Smart Tempo and Mastering Assistant are all not new. Only 2 of the 5 are new and that is Stem Splitter and ChromaGlow. Not clear why they are listing ChromaGlow along with the others.

ChromaGlow has pretty complex waveshaping, i suspect they used machine learning and threw a bunch of hardware at it.
It’s actually pretty decent.

Pitch correction is the same as it was. It’s actually pretty cool as well for an automatic corrector. If it had zero latency mode I’d ditch autotune

I haven't even had a chance to install the update. Did anyone update and find any interesting improvements/features that are not highlighted?

^^^ I can only say that from the moment you start combining summing stack and MIDI routing from the another track ... don't do it

I think the main feature now is to help decide between Logic and Cubase, I wanted to love it, but with my head bowed, I had to go back to Cubase to be taken back
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”