GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good to see its still getting some love.

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:11 am Asking for a friend - you can buy an online version of December 23's Computer Music for £5, with the free ImpOscar 2 synth. Would that still work as a cunning upgrade path do you think?
You can tell your "friend" it's ok, this "magware" is a fully functional full version of impOSCar 2.
It only must be registered to your "friends" GForce account :hihi:

BTW: this only counts for your "friend", not for you... :clown:

kinkajou wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:25 am BTW: this only counts for your "friend", not for you... :clown:
I'll let her know :)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:11 am Asking for a friend - you can buy an online version of December 23's Computer Music for £5, with the free ImpOscar 2 synth. Would that still work as a cunning upgrade path do you think?
Can't see why not.

I really like this.

A very worthy upgrade.

A massive leap in usability over the previous version.

It's always been a quirky synth with lots of character but the previous UI was way too fiddly.

Patch browser is worlds better and has some great features like boolean searches (AND or OR) for categories and the ability to set a specific note for previewing. You can also set the text size in the patch browser. Really nice QoL stuff.

Wavetable editor is really cool, a gigantic improvement over the former ridiculously fiddly thing. You can still edit like an additive if you want or use the various tools on the 2d display for more traditional wavetable editing.

This editor makes it super flexible.

Reverb sounds fantastic.

Great stuff. We're being spoiled by some great synth releases recently.

I got v2 through the CM deal last december and i'm now being offered the upgrade for 29.99 (£35.99 inc VAT)

I updated even though I'm a little disappointed they didn't include their X-mod thing.
Always been one of my favorites for its gorgeous sound,
and I'm sure there will be lots of new stuff to explore.
The 29.99 comes out to $37.70 if you pay in real USD's. :ud:

felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm if you pay in real USD's. :ud:
how much in fake USD's? :hihi:

JamminFool wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 pm
felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm if you pay in real USD's. :ud:
how much in fake USD's? :hihi:
About 5 years I think. :hihi:

:lol:

Well, frankly i would not say that this is instant, was not fan of v2 by sound abilities (only by UI, that was amazing, and now it seemed to me like faded a little (due to "vectorize" or someting), or im mistake ?).
Almost 40 bucks it's not quite nobrain, rather pretty fair for one-two two good features. In general need check.

I always loved ImpOSCar 2 so this was an instant upgrade!

I'm quite sad that they didn't fix the really bad gain staging though. Why on earth doesn't the main Volume control have at least +24dB of positive gain available? You are literally forced to use the filter drive at quite high amounts to have any hope of reaching normal output levels. You can see this in every single preset on the damn thing too..

Why on earth don't they allow for easy access to the very interesting sound of the filter with drive at minimal? Such a huge yet simple miss in my opinion. Oh well.. just need to add another gain plugin after it so it's not a massive deal but it IS annoying.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

What a nice, weird synth. Has a nice sound to it, although the layout needs some getting used to at first.

Here's 15 minutes of trying it out, very simple demo. Only ImpOSCar: https://on.soundcloud.com/1x8nYXvbzo9HGUbS7

bmanic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm I always loved ImpOSCar 2 so this was an instant upgrade!

I'm quite sad that they didn't fix the really bad gain staging though. Why on earth doesn't the main Volume control have at least +24dB of positive gain available? You are literally forced to use the filter drive at quite high amounts to have any hope of reaching normal output levels. You can see this in every single preset on the damn thing too..

Why on earth don't they allow for easy access to the very interesting sound of the filter with drive at minimal? Such a huge yet simple miss in my opinion. Oh well.. just need to add another gain plugin after it so it's not a massive deal but it IS annoying.
Maybe just contact support. I compared the 2, and the filter drive doesn't clip as much compared to impOSCar 2. In fact, the drive and resonance sound a bit more musical, especially with ring modulation. I love subtle details like how the triangle becomes a saw-like wave (ringmod on, balance on 1) as the filter cutoff with resonance lowers!

felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm I updated even though I'm a little disappointed they didn't include their X-mod thing.
Always been one of my favorites for its gorgeous sound,
and I'm sure there will be lots of new stuff to explore.
The 29.99 comes out to $37.70 if you pay in real USD's. :ud:
According to the EU to USD conversion page in google it's $32.43.

https://www.google.com/search?q=convert ... e&ie=UTF-8

Return to “Instruments”