GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Korg Supporter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm I always loved ImpOSCar 2 so this was an instant upgrade!

I'm quite sad that they didn't fix the really bad gain staging though. Why on earth doesn't the main Volume control have at least +24dB of positive gain available? You are literally forced to use the filter drive at quite high amounts to have any hope of reaching normal output levels. You can see this in every single preset on the damn thing too..

Why on earth don't they allow for easy access to the very interesting sound of the filter with drive at minimal? Such a huge yet simple miss in my opinion. Oh well.. just need to add another gain plugin after it so it's not a massive deal but it IS annoying.
Maybe just contact support. I compared the 2, and the filter drive doesn't clip as much compared to impOSCar 2. In fact, the drive and resonance sound a bit more musical, especially with ring modulation. I love subtle details like how the triangle becomes a saw-like wave (ringmod on, balance on 1) as the filter cutoff with resonance lowers!
I just love how the filter resonance can whistle when the drive is set very low (below 5%). It all becomes really crispy and very satisfying on some sounds.. but yeah, as said it needs an additional +20dB or more gain at these low drive percentages.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

kinkajou wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:39 am
egbert101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:28 am I'm seeing £99.99. £59.99 EX VAT

So £59.99 + 20% VAT or whatever.
Log into your account, add to basket - then the price should be at 29.99 (if there's a valid license to upgrade ;) ).
Really annoying misinformation. Price is £59.99 EX VAT or £71.99 including VAT when added to basket for those not eligible for upgrade.
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 pm
kinkajou wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:39 am
egbert101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:28 am I'm seeing £99.99. £59.99 EX VAT

So £59.99 + 20% VAT or whatever.
Log into your account, add to basket - then the price should be at 29.99 (if there's a valid license to upgrade ;) ).
Really annoying misinformation. Price is £59.99 EX VAT or £71.99 including VAT when added to basket for those not eligible for upgrade.
how is it misinformation? did you miss the part of the quote which I made in bold?

$47 upgrade price for me, (including the evil V.A.T.)

seangm wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 pm
felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm I updated even though I'm a little disappointed they didn't include their X-mod thing.
Always been one of my favorites for its gorgeous sound,
and I'm sure there will be lots of new stuff to explore.
The 29.99 comes out to $37.70 if you pay in real USD's. :ud:
According to the EU to USD conversion page in google it's $32.43.

https://www.google.com/search?q=convert ... e&ie=UTF-8
The 29.99 is in GBP.

mountainmaster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:23 pm
seangm wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 pm
felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm I updated even though I'm a little disappointed they didn't include their X-mod thing.
Always been one of my favorites for its gorgeous sound,
and I'm sure there will be lots of new stuff to explore.
The 29.99 comes out to $37.70 if you pay in real USD's. :ud:
According to the EU to USD conversion page in google it's $32.43.

https://www.google.com/search?q=convert ... e&ie=UTF-8
The 29.99 is in GBP.
Ah ok, I didn't realize it wasn't in EU.

Do you have any idea when the sale for other instruments like Oddity 3 ends?
Edit: They told me it ends June 14.
Last edited by Korg Supporter on Tue May 14, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:11 am Asking for a friend - you can buy an online version of December 23's Computer Music for £5, with the free ImpOscar 2 synth. Would that still work as a cunning upgrade path do you think?
Can't see why not.
Just FYI - my dear friend bought CM328 but hasn't been able to find the auth code where it is supposed to be and has contacted support.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

ImpOscar always sounded like a dream, and had some excellent presets, but was trapped behind that outdated GUI. Thankfully, this is no longer the case. It's definitely one of the best releases of '24. And it can actually sound like a lot of 'other' synths too, especially with the wavetables. Very 90s pads and sequences (in the best way possible). Seeing as we're probably never going to get a virtual Novation Supernova/Nova, this might be the next best thing (I believe the designer also worked on those venerable blue beasties). Congrats to GForce for bringing their entire range well and truly into the future, and my condolences to Dave Spiers for his loss.

Zipede wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:37 pm
JamminFool wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 pm
felis wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm if you pay in real USD's. :ud:
how much in fake USD's? :hihi:
About 5 years I think. :hihi:
Unpunishable misdemeanor in California since it's less than $900 (USD). Federal is waived if you're registered independent or no party preference. :)

have to admit as both an impOSCar 2 and Legend owner

price aside - the demo of impOSCar 3 is captivating me more than Legend HZ so far

This was the other one I had previously (not) mentioned.

For me both are excellent and by day 2 of beta testing went straight into my prime time vst collection list.
viewtopic.php?p=8899756#p8899756

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

lotus2035 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:19 pm $47 upgrade price for me, (including the evil V.A.T.)
If you are outside Europe, you should not pay V.A.T.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

concealed identity wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am I was not expecting an OSCar emulation to eventually become a synth with editable wavetables. Interested to see if this makes it more useful for people or if people would prefer something closer to the hardware.
I never owned an OSCar, but the first time I started using impOSCar, I thought, “shame you can’t morph between at least two partial sets,” so I’m super happy that they added this.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Buckster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:23 pm have to admit as both an impOSCar 2 and Legend owner

price aside - the demo of impOSCar 3 is captivating me more than Legend HZ so far
I think they're both excellent but very different.

The Legend HZ is dark, creamy, warm and brooding.

Imposcar3 is spiky, clear, fizzy and gnarly. More in your face.

Both are lush.

Return to “Instruments”