Logic Pro 11 is announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:55 pm
I don't know how hard they might have tried to make it work, but I don't blame them in the slightest for giving up.
The Intel CPU's don't have the Neural Engine...

The new Chord Track is better than I first thought... definitely going to be useful for regular song writing.

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:01 pm
I don't know how hard they might have tried to make it work, but I don't blame them in the slightest for giving up.
Yep that would have meant pretty much an entire rewrite to get it to work on Intel Macs.
The new Chord Track is better than I first thought... definitely going to be useful for regular song writing.
Oh great, I now need to take a look at it. Ugh, I'm deep into DP, but I used Logic for 8 years so it's not that hard to jump into for me.

machinesworking wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:01 pm The new Chord Track is better than I first thought... definitely going to be useful for regular song writing.
Oh great, I now need to take a look at it. Ugh, I'm deep into DP, but I used Logic for 8 years so it's not that hard to jump into for me.
Here's a good overview video of the Chord Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7YzE3Cn7ns

Why isn't Logic 11 showing up for me. Hmmm.

EDIT NM, Cmnd R in the App Store got the update to show up.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:55 pm
machinesworking wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:01 pm The new Chord Track is better than I first thought... definitely going to be useful for regular song writing.
Here's a good overview video of the Chord Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7YzE3Cn7ns
Looks pretty cool but honestly I would never really use it. I have Scaler 2, and that's a little more up my alley. Definitely seems great if you're on a schedule and do TV scoring etc. but in that case you likely already have a degree in composition and heavy keyboard skills.

So many new features are aimed at people who dont really know music.

It’s okay keep that, but throw the professionals a bone ffs

revvy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:58 pm Why isn't Logic 11 showing up for me. Hmmm.

EDIT NM, Cmnd R in the App Store got the update to show up.

Logic Pro updates have NEVER shown for me in the store. I see the notices here, GS, or at MacRumors a new version is released, and then I know its out. My App Store yesterday showed me the last update for Pixelmator Pro I already installed a few days before, and that was it. I have to go to the Logic Pro page in the store, each and every time, and at that point the button changes to Update and I grab it.

Not once in the entire time I've owned it, has it shown me an update available (and this has transferred from Mac to Mac over the years). I got more notifications from Emagic about updates than I ever have from Apple.

Ploki wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 pm So many new features are aimed at people who dont really know music.

It’s okay keep that, but throw the professionals a bone ffs
Inter plugin MIDI is pretty nice to have - finally

That’s about the only new feature :/

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:59 pm Inter plugin MIDI is pretty nice to have - finally
Kinda funny it took them this long to actually implement it, considering Apple wrote the AU standard, and its had the ability to send MIDI output just about the entire time..

Yeah can't say I'm that excited about the players either and I can't see the point of Stems unless you are doing music with drums, bass and vocals. I'd rather have something that decomposes music regardless of the content type (like Spectralayers does)

Again, for hobbyists to split backing tracks. Besides splitting is available free anywhere gor a while

Very underwhelming unfortunately.

I wish we got scale indicators visually in the piano roll and ghost notes.

I don’t ask for much.

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:01 pm
Yes, I specifically pointed that out in the post you quoted:
Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:55 pm hardware acceleration capabilities ("NPUs") that their Intel machines simply didn't have
I hate signatures too.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”