Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lunardigs wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:28 am and another thing: a hotkey to close/open all plugin windows on the selected track
You can kind of sort of do this with the mappings panel of your project. It's not a generic "open all plugin windows of selected track" but you can set it up to open all the plug-in windows of a specific track or a set of plugin windows across different tracks with a hotkey.

I know, not exactly what you are looking for, but in case you didn't know you could do at least this current option, there ya go.

Cheers
"music is the best"

Jac459 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 am
lunardigs wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:28 am and another thing: a hotkey to close/open all plugin windows on the selected track
This absolutely exists my friend.
You just need to configure it in the shortcut list (for me it is X).
And yes, I confirm that it is maybe my most used hotkey with D (track devices).
huh
What version are you running?
4.4.10 here

D works, but X no, and I can't find anything in shortcuts as an action to close all plugin windows.

I think they mean "all" plug-in windows (plural) on a track not the expand selected device view (singular.)

-edit- like this:

"music is the best"

Funk Dracula wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 am
I think they mean "all" plug-in windows (plural) on a track not the expand selected device view (singular.)

-edit- like this:

Gotcha.... I didn't see the plural 😁

lunardigs wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 am
huh
What version are you running?
4.4.10 here

D works, but X no, and I can't find anything in shortcuts as an action to close all plugin windows.
If you want to open all windows at once I don't think it exists but I understood you as willing to "open any windows", if this is the case you just have to assign to any key (I used "X" as an example) the shortcut.
In the device view, when pressing the key it will open the selected device.

BobDog wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:18 pm ...
Soft clipping is saturation!
Sorry for have been inaccurate:

Soft clipping as real "clipping method" affects perhaps the top 2-3db using 3rd party "soft clippers"

This one in the Grid reaches down about 10-11 db affecting the sound ... this I call more a "saturation effect" than a "soft clipper" or other way round, the clipping method "Soft" has it´s focus more in saturation/colourization than in just soft clipping like a "normal" soft clipper would do...

Trancit wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:54 am
BobDog wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:18 pm ...
Soft clipping is saturation!
Sorry for have been inaccurate:

Soft clipping as real "clipping method" affects perhaps the top 2-3db using 3rd party "soft clippers"

This one in the Grid reaches down about 10-11 db affecting the sound ... this I call more a "saturation effect" than a "soft clipper" or other way round, the clipping method "Soft" has it´s focus more in saturation/colourization than in just soft clipping like a "normal" soft clipper would do...
If there is a vote, I kindly vote against continuing the "sine vs polymer" discussion.
I think we all agreed to agree on some parts and disagree on some others.
A very good Gentlemen settlement.

I vote yes, as I don't even have the beta and can turn soft clipping off in polymer I guess it is not new functionality!
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Indeed, it would be nice if this thread could be used to discuss the beta.

BobDog wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:13 am I vote yes, as I don't even have the beta and can turn soft clipping off in polymer I guess it is not new functionality!
You said it the second time... please tell me how you turn soft clipping off in Polymer!!

Anyone else notice the 5.2 beta is way brighter than than 5.1? This is both with the midtones and black level at zero:

Bitwig Colour.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DazzW wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:54 pm Anyone else notice the 5.2 beta is way brighter than than 5.1? This is both with the midtones and black level at zero:

Bitwig Colour.png
No !

Of course your contrast settings are to 50% for both ?
I don't have the 5.1.9 anymore to compare.

That 5.2 looks exactly like my 5.1, your 5.1 looks wrong though.

I used a colour picker here to double check and the colours in your 5.2 image match my 5.1 BW exactly.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Jac459 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:50 pm
DazzW wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:54 pm Anyone else notice the 5.2 beta is way brighter than than 5.1? This is both with the midtones and black level at zero:

Bitwig Colour.png
No !

Of course your contrast settings are to 50% for both ?
I don't have the 5.1.9 anymore to compare.
I have the midtones and the black level at 0 for both so 5.1 is correct for that setting, 5.2 is too bright.

BobDog wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:38 pm That 5.2 looks exactly like my 5.1, your 5.1 looks wrong though.

I used a colour picker here to double check and the colours in your 5.2 image match my 5.1 BW exactly.
Have you changed your midtones and black levels in the settings? Mine are at 0 for both.

Return to “Bitwig”