Architect entering the fifth year of beta

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wasn't even aware that the latest build is almost 3 years old, already :o
And I just discovered that my name suggestion in the epochal thread will have its 10th anniversary party 18 days from now.

Time flies...

Bob Broadley wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:10 am I've been dabbling every couple of months with the current beta release.
Hello Bob. Could you let me know the exact version you are on, as the problems you are experiencing may have been fixed in the interim...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:06 am
Bob Broadley wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:10 am I've been dabbling every couple of months with the current beta release.
Hello Bob. Could you let me know the exact version you are on, as the problems you are experiencing may have been fixed in the interim...
Hi Colin - good to hear from you! I'm on: 0.10.5

Bob Broadley wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:17 pm Hi Colin - good to hear from you! I'm on: 0.10.5
I'm sure you've mentioned this to me before, but I can't recall: which OS are you on? Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: I'm sure you've mentioned this to me before, but I can't recall: which OS are you on? Thanks!
Sorry Colin! Here's more info:
macOS 12.6.4 (Monterey)
Logic 10.7.7
Using these with Architect on both a MacBook Pro (2020) and Mac Pro (2013 trashcan)

Check your PMs, please Bob.

Well, I've been revisiting some of my old Architect projects with v0.10.13, and I have to say it's looking really good - bravo Colin! I haven't had any crashes yet. If I do have any problems I'll PM crash reports.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:25 am I like the fact it’s permabeta, makes it feel Exclusive
We may now progress into Gama version... :wink:

loosing my hopes...no official statement about a release date 5 years after i bought it. Seems a pretty long time.

lalo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:59 am loosing my hopes...no official statement about a release date 5 years after i bought it. Seems a pretty long time.
I completely abandoned using it.
Genius piece of software, without any future IMO.

I am truly sorry that it has taken this long to get the 1.0 out, but I can absolutely categorically say that it is far from abandoned. I am working on the release every single day, aiming to get it out. It has been a long slog - and coupled with trying to get the next Aspect release out, and deal with maintenance releases for the other plug-ins, and support on top of that, it's a huge workload for for one man to juggle.

But as I've said, I believe the 1.0 release is feature complete, and I'm just working my way through the outstanding bugs list, which is rapidly getting shorter.

As far as I can say - I was really joking: Plugdata is 0.8, Pure Data have 0.54 in decades (and it is bloody finished product) ...... version is just number.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:19 am I am truly sorry that it has taken this long to get the 1.0 out, but I can absolutely categorically say that it is far from abandoned. I am working on the release every single day, aiming to get it out. It has been a long slog - and coupled with trying to get the next Aspect release out, and deal with maintenance releases for the other plug-ins, and support on top of that, it's a huge workload for for one man to juggle.

But as I've said, I believe the 1.0 release is feature complete, and I'm just working my way through the outstanding bugs list, which is rapidly getting shorter.
cool. i I can understand all the commitment needed by a one man band project. Don't won't to push you but...can you do an approximate estimate (+/- 1 month...not +/- 1 year) of when 1.0 will be out? Thanks

lalo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:09 pm cool ...can you do an approximate estimate (+/- 1 month...not +/- 1 year) of when 1.0 will be out?
Ballpark figure, but judging by the length of the oustanding bug list and the rate I'm marking them off, I'd guess around 6 weeks, plus or minus. This more or less feels about right, I think, based on how polished and ready the product feels in relation to the same time-before-release on other products I've worked on. I've recently upgraded both my Windows and Linux CI build environments, as both of platforms were huge roadblocks: doing a full build and test run and build for these platforms took (literally) hours. This upgrade alone has made it significantly faster for me to get through the outstanding bugs on these platforms.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 pm
lalo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:09 pm cool ...can you do an approximate estimate (+/- 1 month...not +/- 1 year) of when 1.0 will be out?
Ballpark figure, but judging by the length of the oustanding bug list and the rate I'm marking them off, I'd guess around 6 weeks, plus or minus. This more or less feels about right, I think, based on how polished and ready the product feels in relation to the same time-before-release on other products I've worked on. I've recently upgraded both my Windows and Linux CI build environments, as both of platforms were huge roadblocks: doing a full build and test run and build for these platforms took (literally) hours. This upgrade alone has made it significantly faster for me to get through the outstanding bugs on these platforms.
cool! Expect some kind question about release in 8 weeks...just joking. Happy coding!

Return to “Loomer”