Bets on impOscar 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:54 pm
dlandis wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:57 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:37 pm Is it the next GForce update? Or VSM first?

When do you think it will be released?
I think it's possibly next and sooner than October. I only say this because I thought that G Force made an announcement and generally they seem to make announcements with relatively short fulfillment windows, playing their hands pretty close to the chest.

This comment is offered entirely in the spirit of FWIW; I have no inside track or private connections with G Force, so consider this note speculative.
I didn't realize gforce made an announcement about it. They are usually very tight lipped about updates and new releases,
Let me put this into context so no one gets their hopes up unduly on my account: I heard that there was an announcement of sorts from a third party. I did not see this myself, but I have no reason to distrust the source. So, that's why I couched my statement the way I did. But the tight-lipped quality of G Force's statements is exactly to what I was referring in my note. If what I heard was accurate, the release may be a bit sooner than October.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:53 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:54 pm
dlandis wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:57 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:37 pm Is it the next GForce update? Or VSM first?

When do you think it will be released?
I think it's possibly next and sooner than October. I only say this because I thought that G Force made an announcement and generally they seem to make announcements with relatively short fulfillment windows, playing their hands pretty close to the chest.

This comment is offered entirely in the spirit of FWIW; I have no inside track or private connections with G Force, so consider this note speculative.
I didn't realize gforce made an announcement about it. They are usually very tight lipped about updates and new releases,
Let me put this into context so no one gets their hopes up unduly on my account: I heard that there was an announcement of sorts from a third party. I did not see this myself, but I have no reason to distrust the source. So, that's why I couched my statement the way I did. But the tight-lipped quality of G Force's statements is exactly to what I was referring in my note. If what I heard was accurate, the release may be a bit sooner than October.
I guess looking at the pace of the latest updates, I'd probably agree. September is my new guess.

I can not believe the price of ImpOscar 2 at the moment. It's very cheap for an excellent soft synth. I hope things are cool at GForce.

The only thing I could ask for in a new version is a better patch browser like they have given to their Moog Emu.
Fight Apathy or don't.

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:38 pm My wish list would include…

Better emulation accuracy. impOSCar 2 sounds awesome, but not quite as wild and raw as the hardware.
Meaning the VCF?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Stopani wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:27 pm I can not believe the price of ImpOscar 2 at the moment. It's very cheap for an excellent soft synth. I hope things are cool at GForce.

The only thing I could ask for in a new version is a better patch browser like they have given to their Moog Emu.
Given that they introduced the same patch browser for minimonsta, oddity and mtron I'd say that's a sure thing.

Anyone here remember the insane build up to imposcar 2 being released? I think they were at least two, maybe even three namms demoing it before release. A couple years long thread after the first demo. I think they learned their lesson back then!

electro wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:42 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:38 pm My wish list would include…

Better emulation accuracy. impOSCar 2 sounds awesome, but not quite as wild and raw as the hardware.
Meaning the VCF?
Yeah, and the filter drive.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Well, I bought three GForce plugins last month due to sales, and I think imposcar is great, I just don't need it. It would be great to get updated to a new GUI, but I really would love to see GForce add more synths to their arsenal. I think their newest sound engines are up there with the best.
<list your stupid gear here>

With Adam product registered you can get Imposcar2 for free.
Now i gues too Imposcar3 is the next to come

Frankie.T wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:36 am With Adam product registered you can get Imposcar2 for free.....
What's Adam product?

felis wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:45 pm
Frankie.T wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:36 am With Adam product registered you can get Imposcar2 for free.....
What's Adam product?
I think if you own any Adam product and you register it on their website you can get it, cause it's inside your Adam account
https://www.adam-audio.com/

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:30 pm I am so dying for an impOSCar 3 that has VST3 support, oscillator sync, X modulators, and MPE support. I love impOSCar simply because it's a trance synth!
Yes - I'm chomping at the bit for an update.
I like your VST3, osc. sync, and Xmod ideas, but am pretty doubtful about MPE.
AFAIK, none of the other updates have that.

Might be cool to have some way to modulate the additive partial levels too.
I've thought about emailing them for a progress report, but don't want to bug them too much.
Maybe someone else can do it. :hihi:

Give the old version away for free and then cash in on the expensive upgrade. Old trick.

They are giving it away for free in CM as well as for Audient hardware users. Update coming soonish IMO.

Upgrade price 79 USD estimated.

Return to “Instruments”