Rooster and African Grey

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope you enjoy. Any comments are appreciated.

http://www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/438r.mp3

Finally! Will definitely check this out tonight or tomorrow.
Image Image

Looking forward to your comments. :)

Very Beck, especially with the African Grey whistling away in the back. The slow intro and that crazy talking screech wah sound were the standout parts for me.
Image Image

Thanks for listening polyslax. The African Grey loves to sing along with the piano, guitar and drums. My favorite part is when the rooster and the bass enter together in the middle of the song.

hey GJ,
What a cute idea. Do you have both the parrot and the rooster in your household?
Love the frantic, but gorgeous guitar work that unravels thoughout this piece. Very relaxing little jam session.
nice. :)

Hi Jazzy
The rooster and the parrot live at my parents house. I visit them (the animals and my parents) every other weekend or so. They live out in the country so I can turn the 40 watt tube amp past 2 and make some noise to compete with the animals.

By the way, the talking screech wah is my brother plugging his violin into an autowah pedal and into the amp.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Heh, my mom had a parrot when I was a kid, he also would "sing" along & dance to music. I was always surprised how such a small creature (he was a conure, much smaller than an African grey) could make such loud noises!

Anyway- the track is really good! Moody & chock full of character.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

synthgeek wrote:Heh, my mom had a parrot when I was a kid, he also would "sing" along & dance to music. I was always surprised how such a small creature (he was a conure, much smaller than an African grey) could make such loud noises!

Anyway- the track is really good! Moody & chock full of character.
It's awesome how it moves it head up and down to the beat. I'm not sure why, but I'm always impressed with its sense of rhythm.

Thanks for checking the track out. Glad you enjoyed it.

Genetic_Junk wrote:It's awesome how it moves it head up and down to the beat. I'm not sure why, but I'm always impressed with its sense of rhythm.
Yeah, I thought that was cool too- I've never seen any other animal react to music that way. I've heard a few dogs howl or bark, but they certainly didn't have Screech's (that was the parrot's name) rhythm. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Today we took the african grey outside and the old rooster (the one in the song) was out there eating some of the grey's seeds that had fallen. That rooster is getting pretty old. We have a younger one that beats up on it sometimes. But when it was by the grey, the younger rooster seemed apprehensive to come near. Guess the old one knows it's safe and the younger one is unsure.

superb, really nice guitar and bass sound, flows really well, especially when the quickly strummed chords come in. reminds me of mogwai in some respects, excellent use of the bird noises.

8)

cheers,

steve.

Hi blaster78

Good to see you here. Thanks for checking out the song. :) The bird sounds just happened to fit nicely, which is partly why I really like listening to this track.

edit: I hope you'll let us know/share when you have some new music.

Return to “Music Cafe”