new one: "Temps PERDU"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the delerium of memory, or something...

this has a pretty fraudulent opening, and the ending isn't so compliant either...

in the larger picture, this revisits some motifs or thematic things I have. It is supposed to sum up the 'Outland' series among other things.

"electro-acoustic", it mixes some edgy synths with horns etc...
The Lost Time

there is one bit which sounds like a cue for an appearance by The Wetheheckawee Tribe in F-Troop.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun May 19, 2013 10:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

I really like this, but my 'listening through cheap headphones response' to it is that maybe the high instrument could use a bit of lowpass/highshelf.

mmhm...

it's interesting to get another perspective. the whole attraction for that synth is the edge. it may even be alarming to some people? I have yet to stand back from this.
on the macbook speakers it's really kind of bizarre sounding but where I really hear music it sounds fantastic to me. there isn't any real high frequency stuff to shelf is the thing. it's very saturated in a kind of high area, but...

So... there is an alternate version I like better, with a ghostly synth weaving thruout, I went with an update then

Interesting. No hi freq trouble noted here.
Position of everything 3D in space is cool. Great trumpet sound. One of those motifs sounds like Frank Zappa.

is that the end ?? here waiting for more :D

cool stuff

this enigma ending sets up a whole different aspect of the thing... it involves going into the sound design again which is a different workflow.

actually Blitz was right technically, I hadn't looked at the analyzer on the one really sharp instrument recently. shelving that doesn't much matter actually :D.
it works better with the mystery synth behind it I think.

Bb trumpet by VSL, also flugelhorn which I use in some upper register work that sounds very like a trumpet. these are the most versatile and expressive VIs I have.

thx for your comments...

this deserves to be heard as the suite:

http://official.fm/playlists/YLci
Last edited by jancivil on Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

ok then, shall check this out tomorrow :)

very nice. evokes a very complex, ambiguous mood.

jancivil wrote:this enigma ending sets up a whole different aspect of the thing... it involves going into the sound design again which is a different workflow.

actually Blitz was right technically, I hadn't looked at the analyzer on the one really sharp instrument recently. shelving that doesn't much matter actually :D.
it works better with the mystery synth behind it I think.

Bb trumpet by VSL, also flugelhorn which I use in some upper register work that sounds very like a trumpet. these are the most versatile and expressive VIs I have.

thx for your comments...

this deserves to be heard as the suite:

Outliers

Outbreak/Break-In/Inside

The Lost Time
:tu: :love: :love:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

thank yous, very much

I'm very glad you pointed out the highs, Blitz, paying close attention to that slapped my ears into shape. now all my mixes really jump out at me, all the paranoid mixing is evident in a way I think it wasn't before.

I love how the pieces actually relate to each other.

My view of the mixes is that there seems to be a bit of an issue that Blitz caught, but I kind of wonder about whether one could leave it alone the way it is..as it seems to bring out some of that ambiguity I get to the fore...but then, maybe that is just me reading into the thing.

Again, good work here!!! :love: :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I really like the instrument, it's supposed to be what it is. that razor edge is exactly what I want from it, I'm not having a problem.

Great stuff. Lots of sprinklings of great complimentary sounds. Love the bass and percussion. And the horns, and the synths.....

8)

quite an exploration

For me it is music that 'demands' to be listened too, not really suited to being in the background while you make a cup of tea

liked the way the motifs helped connect across the different parts

Return to “Music Cafe”