'smee again

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not much going on creatively in the Folderol zone lately so I brushed off another oldie. A bit of spit and polish, brighter instruments, and (hopefully) better balance. Then I realised I'd never posted it here before :o

Anyway, this was orginally 'organically' grown. Started with the walking bass, then played the drunken horn improv. to it, and bit at a time added in all the other parts - hence the title Raspberry Jam

ogglish
mp3ness

Hope you like it.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

lovely

catchy melody and a great baseline

Emerald Tablet wrote:lovely

catchy melody and a great baseline
+1

The missus liked this as well. She thought it had a "fairground" feel to it. I foresee a dodgem ride in the near future. :)

yes, definitely a fairground feel to this. Like it! Thanks

Nice one, I got an oompah-pah feel from this :)
And for some reason, the synth horn made me think of Morph from Vision On...

Im getting the fairground vibe as well. Or.. Im picturing little wooden soilders marching through a cave made of cotton candy towards a glowing carousel (or merry go round). Nice tune :D

Thanks a lot guys.

You know, I never thought 'Faiground' when I composed this (nor at any other time actually) but you are quite right. It fits :o :hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

A slightly tipsy gentleman strolls around the carnival midway...nice. Thanks, folderol.
No longer a moderator.

Didn't like any aspect of this. The word "twee" comes to mind.

KEv

@DH
I guess you've been watching me come home from the pub :)

@burkek
Oh well, I'd be surprised if everyone liked my work. Perhaps you'd like to expand on your thoughts.

Fairground, yes, but imo the main character is quite clearly on mushrooms. :)
Image Image

that had a unsettling effect on me and i don't mean that in a negative sort of way. trippy Mr Kite like

i'm not sure you meant it that way, but it works!

Mushrooms? Trippy?

Honest, ocifer. I was just holding the bag for a friend :lol:

hahaha, yes a fairground feel, kind of brimming with good cheer. Good one.

folderol wrote:Mushrooms? Trippy?

Honest, ocifer. I was just holding the bag for a friend :lol:
That is just wrong on so many levels :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”