Why no love for Virsyn?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cube Poseidon TERA

Another thread on another forum (hardware orientated, so didn't seem like the place to post this) got me thinking that while I find my Virsyn instruments and effects to be some of the best available, yet they rarely ever get spoken of or mentioned here. If you compare Poseidon's resynthesis engine sound to Alchemy's it's clear that Poseidon's sounds better... yet it's almost never mentioned. Is it the iLok? Price? Horrible web site? :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I loved Tera but I dont agree with Virsyn's business model of leaving major bugs in products then charging 80+ Euros for bug fixes.

hence the reason I do not use Virsyn products any more.

topaz wrote:I loved Tera but I dont agree with Virsyn's business model of leaving major bugs in products then charging 80+ Euros for bug fixes.

I don't have Tera, but I'm considering it and Cube. What bugs are you speaking of?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

There was a bug in Tera 2 that made multi mode unusable, after a long wait it was fixed in an 80+ Euro update.

so imo great products, poor relations,.
zerocrossing wrote:
topaz wrote:I loved Tera but I dont agree with Virsyn's business model of leaving major bugs in products then charging 80+ Euros for bug fixes.

I don't have Tera, but I'm considering it and Cube. What bugs are you speaking of?

I couldnt agree more with you!!!
But I do still use my virsyn software despite this

topaz wrote:There was a bug in Tera 2 that made multi mode unusable, after a long wait it was fixed in an 80+ Euro update.

zerocrossing wrote:

Yeah, that's B.S. New features, sure charge if you want, but making old feature work correctly... charging for that is a crime. I guess that answers my question.
Zerocrossing Media

I love Poseidon and own all their synths as well as Reflect but it's frustrating that their synth development seems to have stagnated and all attention seems focused on the fx and iOS apps. Sure they could argue that's where the money/interest is but I think it goes both ways and there would be much more buzz around the synths if they were seen to be more engaged with the community and in development and continuing to innovate.

Sound wise they have always been tremendous!

However, I find them a little pricey and I never really adapted to their UI - it was too hardware-esque for me - Multiple pages and windows.. no thanks.

I am glad I am not alone.. always reassuring. right lets smash corrupt capitalism now. :D

Never used them... pricey + ilok... no go. The horrible website doesn't help, yeah, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

What I know is that Reflect is now Version 2.5 and they never charged anything since its release in 2007. I agree about the stupid iOS toys though, that takes all their energy (and potential IMO).

ariston wrote:Never used them... pricey + ilok... no go. The horrible website doesn't help, yeah, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
Not iLok - eLicenser

And Cube and Tera are just a serial

aMUSEd wrote:
ariston wrote:Never used them... pricey + ilok... no go. The horrible website doesn't help, yeah, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
Not iLok - eLicenser

And Cube and Tera are just a serial
Oh, okay... thanks. Well, hell. :D

Didn't these used to be more expensive? Or is my memory deceiving me?

Yeah, Virsyn's great but pricey and I didn't know they were using EekLicenser. I guess they figure they can make mo money selling little phone toys for $5.00 a pop.
Plus too much crap on Tera. Do you know anyone who actually used the sequencer page???
You can tell how long these have been sitting and moldering. From the website:

System requirements

- PC Windows XP / Vista / Pentium 2 400MHz / 512 MB or better
- Mac OS X 10.4 / 10.5 / G3 300 MHz / 512 Mb or better
(So you better have 512 mb of RAM if you want to run it :D )

osiris wrote:(So you better have 512 mb of RAM if you want to run it :D )
Even I have twice as much! :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Instruments”