eLicenser and dongle - confused

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

Im trying to figure out when either eLicenser and dongle is needed.
My interest is in either Spark EDM (in other words just the software) or Spark (not LE). Before buying anything i would like to try a demo. For this i need eLicenser, right? If i buy Spark EDM (the software/vst), do i still need eLicenser or will i need a dongle? If i buy the hardware, Spark, do i still need eLicenser or any other form of dongle?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, what is the difference between Spark EDM and VDM? Seems to include the same stuff? If not, are both included in Spark (hardware)?
:hug:

Bonus question: What is the eLicenser/dongle deal for KeyLab25? Is dongle in your case the hardware unit or is there some usb stick involved?
Another thing i can't seem to figure out is if you can use multiple instances of Spark and the KeyLab plugin (The Laboratory). If so, how do i switch between instances?

Crackbaby wrote:Hey!

Im trying to figure out when either eLicenser and dongle is needed.
My interest is in either Spark EDM (in other words just the software) or Spark (not LE). Before buying anything i would like to try a demo. For this i need eLicenser, right? If i buy Spark EDM (the software/vst), do i still need eLicenser or will i need a dongle? If i buy the hardware, Spark, do i still need eLicenser or any other form of dongle?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, what is the difference between Spark EDM and VDM? Seems to include the same stuff? If not, are both included in Spark (hardware)?
Spark EDM (as well as Spark Vintage (VDM) and Spark Dubstep) are protected with eLicenser, but you don't need a dongle to use it.
You need a dongle if you want to use it on several computers.
The difference between these product is the Library content.
Spark VDM is included in Spark but not EDM neither Spark Dubstep, you have to buy extra expansion packs.
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

Spark (as well as SparkLE) are not protected with eLicenser so you do not need a dongle at all.

Hope this helps
Kevin

Crackbaby wrote:Bonus question: What is the eLicenser/dongle deal for KeyLab25? Is dongle in your case the hardware unit or is there some usb stick involved?
KeylLab is sold with Analog Lab which is protected by eLicenser. Again you do not need a dongle unless you want to use it on several computers.
Another thing i can't seem to figure out is if you can use multiple instances of Spark and the KeyLab plugin (The Laboratory). If so, how do i switch between instances?
Yes you can use several instances.
For Spark you have to disconnect the controller from the first instance and reconnect to the second one (using the connect button on Spark plugin toolbar).
For Analog Lab, it should work just by arming the track in your DAW.

Kevin

Thank you!

Return to “Arturia”