Theming Zebra?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Well, I've searched high and low, used every single trick I know, and I still haven't been able to find out much about creating or editing skins. Are there any resources available on this, anything at all? Has everyone who's made a skin just figured out the script syntax on their own?

I've been able to find the GUI editor mode, though it's rather cryptic. Is there any way to save changes made in the editor? Also when I open those scripts in Notepad everything shows up on one continuous line, do I need special software to view this correctly?

The editor needs a lot of right-clicks. To save changes, right click the grey void.

The script has UNIX line endings, so you need Wordpad rather than Editor :)

Advice: First make a copy of an existing skin in the same setup as Unempty Dark Horse (directory in themes fodler, only one script file called "Zebra2.txt". Then - in normal mode - switch to that skin and make it default. Then enable the editor and edit.

During editing don't change UI size.

Brilliant, thank you so much! That should definitely keep me busy for a while... You can probably expect more questions from me before this adventure over.
Urs wrote:During editing don't change UI size.
Ooh, that sounds like "DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON" to me! :P

Is there any way to use custom graphics for the knobs?

NAD wrote:Is there any way to use custom graphics for the knobs?
Others have done it, so it is possible, but I don't have the procedure myself.

pdxindy wrote:Others have done it, so it is possible, but I don't have the procedure myself.
Would you point me to an example?

Return to “u-he”