Zerbra/Diva library in .aupreset?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to recall long ago that the zebra preset library was available in .aupreset. Is that true?
Any chance I could still get it?
Thanks
Ben

That must have been a long time ago, indeed.

There's a trick that lets one convert any .h2p into .aupreset/.fxp with one click each, and it then selects the the next preset. So, just a few thousand clicks and all presets are converted. Then sort by type in Finder and separate.

I think it's preset format -> native and then cmd-alt-shift-click the save button. Or just cmd-alt or cmd-shift. On Windows ctrl-shift or so.

I've used this a gazillion of times, it worked very well. I can try and figure this out again this afternoon, maybe.

When I just purchased Zebra I saved my patches in aupreset format. But when the number of presets rose to quite large value, I noticed that preset switching became very slow. So now I save my presets in h2p format and preset switching is instant.

There's a huge thread at LogicProHelp where people have converted many factory banks to aupresets - dig around in there, you might get lucky:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... b045cc7740

just checked - Diva is there

benj3737 wrote:I seem to recall long ago that the zebra preset library was available in .aupreset. Is that true?
Any chance I could still get it?
Thanks
Ben
If you go here.
http://patcharena.com/downloads/index.p ... 9c5ff24501
Any of the soundsets that are ZebraCM have both AU and vst folders inside.
Although they are for ZebraCM, they will load into Zebra2.

aMUSEd wrote:There's a huge thread at LogicProHelp where people have converted many factory banks to aupresets - dig around in there, you might get lucky:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... b045cc7740

just checked - Diva is there
Yeah, I indexed and posted that collection for Diva. The problem with indexing a 'for pay' lib into aupreset format, is it takes and replicates the settings -- which could potentially by-pass someone buying a 3rd party lib. I have created aupresets for ZebraHZ, Diva, Korg Legacy which require the user to purchase those libs. No worries about someone taking the settings and getting a free library (hope this makes sense). OTOH - Logic Pro aupresets for commercially available Zebra and Diva 3rd party libs could by-pass the seller .. so I haven't made them available on that thread. IIRC - for each of them, I have made the author aware that I have the aupresets offering them free (to the creator of the patch lib) , so they can bundle them with their package. A couple of folks have done that.. Most .. not so much. In any case, it's not overly difficult to generate an aupreset -- and honestly, it gives you a good opportunity to rename, and catalogue 'favorites' and such.. so imo -- it's worth it, just to go through a new lib.. cataloging.

What I have catalogued as aupresets -
Zebra
ZebraHZ
Diva

Zebra Libs (Can only be distributed to (and from) the preset creator --
BIGTONE Chronospheres
BIGTONE Stratospheres
Bjulin Waves - InspireMe - Vol 1
Bjulin Waves - InspireMe - Vol 2
Corin Neff - The Zebra Orchestra
Eclipse Botanica
Flare
Forever 80s
Global Communication Noise for Zebra
HackeNYC_Zebra
Hollo Padsheaven
Hollo Padsheaven 2
HowardStarr Does Z2
Soliton Zebra
Zebra AFTERskool
Zebra DancePack
Zebra Freshly Squeezed Collection Vol 2
Zebra Oldskool
Zebra Science
Zebranautic Revolution

Diva Libs (Can only be distributed to (and from) the preset creator --
DIVA Prima
Luftrum 9
Nostalgic Circuits
Pulse

If the owner of any of the aforementioned libs wants my aupresets (and it's been quite a while in some cases, since i generated these, and sent you an email) - please let me know, and I will send the files to you.. if interested.

Otherwise -- like I said, there is goodness in someone who has purchase a third party library, in cataloging it. You get to know the library, and you can re-index to your own naming convention

Urs wrote:That must have been a long time ago, indeed.

There's a trick that lets one convert any .h2p into .aupreset/.fxp with one click each, and it then selects the the next preset. So, just a few thousand clicks and all presets are converted. Then sort by type in Finder and separate.

I think it's preset format -> native and then cmd-alt-shift-click the save button. Or just cmd-alt or cmd-shift. On Windows ctrl-shift or so.

I've used this a gazillion of times, it worked very well. I can try and figure this out again this afternoon, maybe.
Dangit Urs. If there is a simpler way, I wasted a boatload of time doing it the hard way. :lol:

I use a Mac utility called 'FastScripts' which positionally (ugly) does the keystrokes to select 'SaveAs' to drop a patch into aupreset format, with a single keystroke. The script I created, is posted on the LogicPro forums. It specifically was created to generate aupreset files without having to hover over the drop down menu item "Save As…" dialogue (which I have zero patience for). The script requires u to carefully open the Logic Plug-on window to the top-left area of Logic's windows.. (that's the ugly part :oops: ) - and create a Mac shortcut key for the whole process. <- more ugliness. In any case.. i had to re-write that script for Logic Pro X.. as the dialogue window control positions changed. I think I made the updated script available on Logic Pro forums. Now.. if there is an easier way, I am going to have to kick myself.. :hihi:

Hi jdoo,

For anyone asking for Dark Zebra or any of our other commercial libraries, please send us his email address to support at u-he dot com first so we can check eligibility.

Thanks,

- Urs

Urs wrote:Hi jdoo,

For anyone asking for Dark Zebra or any of our other commercial libraries, please send us his email address to support at u-he dot com first so we can check eligibility.

Thanks,

- Urs
Absolutely Urs. I think I dropped you email last year about this -- but i have not made commercial libraries available. I'll follow up offline.

Thanks for doing these jdoo - I have several of those third party libs myself so would be interested in getting hold of the aupresets too.

Wow, you guys are amazing. I do have several 3rd party banks, but this will get me started.
Thank you.

[quote="Yeah, I indexed and posted that collection for Diva. The problem with indexing a 'for pay' lib into aupreset format, is it takes and replicates the settings -- which could potentially by-pass someone buying a 3rd party lib. I have created aupresets for ZebraHZ, Diva, Korg Legacy which require the user to purchase those libs. No worries about someone taking the settings and getting a free library (hope this makes sense). OTOH - Logic Pro aupresets for commercially available Zebra and Diva 3rd party libs could by-pass the seller .. so I haven't made them available on that thread. IIRC - for each of them, I have made the author aware that I have the aupresets offering them free (to the creator of the patch lib) , so they can bundle them with their package. A couple of folks have done that.. Most .. not so much. In any case, it's not overly difficult to generate an aupreset -- and honestly, it gives you a good opportunity to rename, and catalogue 'favorites' and such.. so imo -- it's worth it, just to go through a new lib.. cataloging.

What I have catalogued as aupresets -
Zebra
ZebraHZ
Diva

Zebra Libs (Can only be distributed to (and from) the preset creator --
BIGTONE Chronospheres
BIGTONE Stratospheres
Bjulin Waves - InspireMe - Vol 1
Bjulin Waves - InspireMe - Vol 2
Corin Neff - The Zebra Orchestra
Eclipse Botanica
Flare
Forever 80s
Global Communication Noise for Zebra
HackeNYC_Zebra
Hollo Padsheaven
Hollo Padsheaven 2
HowardStarr Does Z2
Soliton Zebra
Zebra AFTERskool
Zebra DancePack
Zebra Freshly Squeezed Collection Vol 2
Zebra Oldskool
Zebra Science
Zebranautic Revolution

Diva Libs (Can only be distributed to (and from) the preset creator --
DIVA Prima
Luftrum 9
Nostalgic Circuits
Pulse

If the owner of any of the aforementioned libs wants my aupresets (and it's been quite a while in some cases, since i generated these, and sent you an email) - please let me know, and I will send the files to you.. if interested.

Otherwise -- like I said, there is goodness in someone who has purchase a third party library, in cataloging it. You get to know the library, and you can re-index to your own naming convention[/quote]

Hi Jdoo,
Thank you so much for doing this. I grabbed Diva and ZebraHZ from that thread, but didn't see the normal Zebra Factory Bank up there. Can you post it?

benj3737 wrote: Hi Jdoo,
Thank you so much for doing this. I grabbed Diva and ZebraHZ from that thread, but didn't see the normal Zebra Factory Bank up there. Can you post it?
Hi benj3737

User cycloptic posted the Zebra libs http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... ra#p168917

Hth

Joe

Urs wrote:That must have been a long time ago, indeed.

Hi Urs,
I've found a bunch of keycommands to create .fxp, but so far none for .aupreset. Any tips?
Thanks!
Ben

Nevermind! I figured it out

Return to “u-he”