Samples Layering Request - Tool where I can rack samples

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shortcircuit XT TX16Wx Software Sampler

Hi there.

Is there any good tools/instruments where I can rack my samples? I need to layer them not only one over others. For example:

- create a sampling layer called Master Sample 1 where I want to put all my settings
- drag on it Sample A. Move it to left of 50ms (so it plays after). Than place a Sample B at the beginning of this Master Sample.
- than make a loop of Sample A in the middle for 30ms
- than Place Sample C near the end, and cut it in the middle
- put some other Samples over it at a fixed time
- create a new Master Sample 2, and so on..

Than I can trigger Master Sample 1 with C5, Master Sample 2 with C#5, and so on.

usually I do this with Playlist and Audio Clips in FL studio, but samples every single change is a heavy process. The same with DirectWave, Slicex or Battery 4; in fact there I cannot move the samples I want left/right; or cut/edit them quickly.

Is there some instruments that can do this?

Shortcircuit and TX16Wx is obvious freeware alternatives you might want to check

Numanoid wrote:Shortcircuit and TX16Wx is obvious freeware alternatives you might want to check
With those tools it's the same: you cannot take a sample and play it "50 ms" later, layering it with some other samples.

You can trigger it with MIDI/Notes later, but I don't want this. I want to create a layer that start that sample later.

Do you see what I mean?

Check out Geist by FXpansion. Each layer has a "delay" parameter specified in milliseconds. Also has quite advanced envelopes, but not sure if these can be used to delay the start of the sample.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=120

Peace,
Andy./
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Check out Geist by FXpansion. Each layer has a "delay" parameter specified in milliseconds. Also has quite advanced envelopes, but not sure if these can be used to delay the start of the sample.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=120

Peace,
Andy./
And what if I would move (delay) it of 1/2 step or beat? So changing main tempo make the same...

Return to “Instruments”