Why does no one do an Alchemy alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wusik Station

Shouldnt be Hard should it? With more user friendliness etc. It should be no problem for some good programmers to do it.
We got enough fm. Substractive synths but a real Alchemy alternative i dont See and i have padshop which is nice but doesnt come close to Alchemy and steinberg sucks, Reaktor is tooo complicated mostly. Mangle hasnt all Features and u dunno about the dev.

I also thought about getting a mac if fl studio is fully compatibility cause I thought a mac only for music should be more stable than win7 but many users told me something else.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Obviously that's because the synth devs are too lazy, aren't they :hihi:

I think, something like Absynth, Harmor and Zebra combo may generally cover the same ground.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Maybe somebody already is. I'm guessing such things take some time :-)
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Caine123 wrote:Shouldnt be Hard should it?
hehehehehe

Because Alchemy still exists. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Caine123 wrote:Shouldnt be Hard should it?
Course not. There's some perfectly good other reason there arent tons of competitors, the way there is with VA's. Some sort of conspiracy, probably.
It should be no problem for some good programmers to do it.
Absolutely. Its just software, so there's nothing that's actually hard in there, and all programmers are pretty much completely interchangeable anyway.

They should also optimise it so it uses no resources on my old PC, but make sure it does more than Alchemy and Omnisphere2 and Zebra, with some good Lexicon/Eventide-level effects included. And it should be modular, like Reaktor, but simpler to use. And it should come with a good library, including a proper symphonic orchestra. They also need to make it free. And open source.

I would do it, but Im too busy building an MMORPG for iOS in Unity.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Synthmaster will eventually get granular synthesis. He's working on it now actually.

I used to wonder about this too.... until I got Omnisphere2.

Why does no one make a company called Kamel and launch Alchimy with identical feature set-- maybe the guy who made babya logica?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

whyterabbyt wrote:They should also optimise it so it uses no resources on my old PC, but make sure it does more than Alchemy and Omnisphere2 and Zebra, with some good Lexicon/Eventide-level effects included. And it should be modular, like Reaktor, but simpler to use. And it should come with a good library, including a proper symphonic orchestra. They also need to make it free. And open source.
Plus an oath signed in blood that the synth will run in all future operating systems and will never, ever be sold to anyone like Apple. And a pony.

Have no fear Wusik Station V8 is here 8)

It covers much of the same ground as Alchemy: Additive, VA, Granular, Vector, Wavesequencing

Somebody should actually hack Logic to run on Windows, then we'll have Alchemy again!

I'm hard on programmers, but I'm not THAT clueless about the effort and knowledge involved :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Numanoid wrote:Have no fear Wusik Station V8 is here 8)

It covers much of the same ground as Alchemy: Additive, VA, Granular, Vector, Wavesequencing
oops you're right, forgot about that :dog:

I didnt mean it should be that easy but there should be companies with skill ed programmers not only Came has to do something as this would be a great Opportunity to get their Position on the Windows market....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”