One Synth Challenge #80: MUX by MuTools (Voting Over, preliminary results in)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App MuLab Plugin

Click here to Vote! (Open to all at KVR who entered or have 40+ posts)

Here's How Voting Works:
  1. 1. Login or Register here, but make sure to *Read the Rules for voting*
    2. Listen to the amazing tracks of the month, and comment on Soundcloud
    3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over.
    4. **YOU MUST score ALL tracks by the end of the day on the 15th, and if you don't vote, you are disqualified**
    5. Tell us you voted here in a forum post
    6. If you have problems, let us know :)
    7. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

**Voting Tip / Life Hack**
You can zoom out on the voting page to see many more tracks. Also you can use the mouse scroll wheel while dragging, or keyboard page up/ page down, or cursor keys to easily navigate the page. This is all done from the browser. To zoom out easily, just hold down ctr+mouse wheel or cmd+mouse wheel, or cmd/ctr+minus/plus keys on the keyboard.

Welcome to the 80th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

A hugely customizable modular synth with one of the most polished interfaces out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sxOt0VNZuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTXWG8mTbR8

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

MuTools : 5 x MuLab 6 + MUX Modular 6 bundle

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Tritik : 1 tkDelay Plugin

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster (Soon to be released!)

Squaredheads : Nora Arpeggiator plugin

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: FM8 soundbank "Niteshade"
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:57 am, edited 26 times in total.

Really? This is the synth you decide to do the month I decide to quit?

KMN

wagtunes wrote:Really? This is the synth you decide to do the month I decide to quit?

KMN

Welcome back? :hihi:

bjporter wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Really? This is the synth you decide to do the month I decide to quit?

KMN

I have owned this synth for about a year now and it is in my top 5 favorite synths. As fully open architecture soft modulars go, nothing comes close to this.

The tracks this month are going to be off the charts amazing.

and then you realize there's no mac version, damn.
Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

"Ask and you shall receive"

That has to be the fastest turnaround on a key request!

wagtunes wrote:
bjporter wrote:

KMN

I have owned this synth for about a year now and it is in my top 5 favorite synths. As fully open architecture soft modulars go, nothing comes close to this.

The tracks this month are going to be off the charts amazing.
Please participate... Without any thought of result, if you love making music. Winning is secondary than pleasure you get when you produce what you like, isn't it?

BTW, since you have it and used it...then again
.. You're entry will be show opener....!! :D :wink: :party:

Best of luck...!! :tu:

I'd like to thank Examigan, and psmacmur for the heads up on this. And of course to Jo from MUTOOLS.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PFFFFFHHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SERIOUSLY?
MUX?

Oh my god. That puts like a massive ton of pressure on me for sure! It's so very much my home turf, it's ridiculous. I almost feel like I shouldn't be allowed to participate in this one, pfff, haha... shit. :oops: :hihi:

Damned.

But, but, but...there's like virtually no limit to what you can do with Mux. Even without samples, it's limitless, really. (Except maybe true FM, but well...).
I am doing things with it, though, that ride the blade's edge on samples, working with the MultiOscillator. It really isn't "samples" in the common way, but rather wavelets or what one might call single oscillations of real instruments, having created a wavetable and then distributed them automatically inside the MO. Since one could literally just paint those, as I used to do, this should kind of be alright, no?
I could do without, but it's really one of the things that make the MUX so phenomenal.

Let me know, please, if it's ok! :pray:

Anyhow, I thought last month was a treat, but this is an insane treat for all of us! :hyper:

Does the MFO count as a sample? It's kinda fuzzy because it can be both generative (modifying a waveform/table) but it can also be semi-granular.

This is going to be fun! Totally joining this OSC! It'll be fun to make a purely MUX track!

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Taron wrote:PFFFFFHHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SERIOUSLY?
MUX?

Oh my god. That puts like a massive ton of pressure on me for sure! It's so very much my home turf, it's ridiculous. I almost feel like I shouldn't be allowed to participate in this one, pfff, haha... shit. :oops: :hihi:

Damned.

But, but, but...there's like virtually no limit to what you can do with Mux. Even without samples, it's limitless, really. (Except maybe true FM, but well...).
I am doing things with it, though, that ride the blade's edge on samples, working with the MultiOscillator. It really isn't "samples" in the common way, but rather wavelets or what one might call single oscillations of real instruments, having created a wavetable and then distributed them automatically inside the MO. Since one could literally just paint those, as I used to do, this should kind of be alright, no?
I could do without, but it's really one of the things that make the MUX so phenomenal.

Let me know, please, if it's ok! :pray:

Anyhow, I thought last month was a treat, but this is an insane treat for all of us! :hyper:
There are going to be some very gray areas with this synth because of its capabilities. MultiOsc is one of them. I don't know what the ruling on that is going to be but somebody should make one before we get too deep into this.

Taron wrote: I am doing things with it, though, that ride the blade's edge on samples, working with the MultiOscillator. It really isn't "samples" in the common way, but rather wavelets or what one might call single oscillations of real instruments, having created a wavetable and then distributed them automatically inside the MO
If yo mean the MultiForm Oscillator -> Source -> Sample Grain, that wouldn't count. I should make that more explicit

Kick Drum synth patch for anyone who would like to use it!

Demo: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=416344

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7MNCS ... RDZkk/edit
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Yeah, the MultiForm Oscillator (my god, a few months without it and I'm only left with nicknames for the modules)... by "wouldn't count" you mean, it is ok or not ok?

(Cool kick, dakkra!)

Darn. I'm really not in a using-Windows-for-music mood this month... but MUX seems like it could be crazy good. Maybe just challenge myself to make a single patch into a track... hmm... just one patch... that should be quick enough...

Return to “Instruments”