Tone2 Firebird - How to load additional preset banks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FireBird

Finally got this thing - shame it's 32-bit only but hey, beggers/choosers etc.

I located a bunch of extra soundbanks online and - maybe I'm just spoiled with the ease of managing presets in Rob Papen and Native Instruments synths - but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get additional presets or banks to load into Firebird within FL Studio. Firebird just doesn't seem to have any kind of preset browsing or bank management capabilities, whatsoever.

Is there a place (in Windows) where I can save the banks so they automatically appear, or is there a way to load them in? The Fruity Wrapper option dropdown doesn't help, by the way.

Help appreciated. Thanks :)

haha old argument with Tone2, they simply refused to add a preset browser saying it was the host's responsibility even though not all modern hosts do this - they got very childish about people bringing it up. No idea about how or whether this works in FL Studio but one workaround was to wrap Firebird in a subhost that does support loading FXB banks (I used to use Wusik VM - not sure it is still available but it has good bank management capabilities).

Thanks dude, I'll look into that.

I am doing full searches on my drives, trying to locate a Windows folder where Firebird presets exist - to no avail.

I wonder why there isn't a newer vst loader in 64bit with proper fxb management. Or maybe there's one and I'm just not seeing it. It would sure be handy.

Right click fruity wrapper tone2firebird. Select open. Copy your folder of downloaded presets into there. It is then available in fruity wrapper. To use it in firebird you must right click on the patch and select send to selected channel or focused plugin.

Well i don't know about fruityloops but Ableton Live makes loading any Tone2 software preset super simple. Click the folder icon in the Firebird device thingy located at the bottom of the screen which opens firebird parameters. Using this method you can create your own location, I use Documents in Windows 10. good luck!

Do you really think that after 5 1/2 years the OP is still looking for an answer?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

For the people who end up on this thread, here is what you need to know : Firebird is DEAD. It has been replaced by Warlock, which can reproduce 100% of Firebird sounds according to the developper. It is NOT free. But this is evolution. If you want something free, you need to find your way with Firebird.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 pm For the people who end up on this thread, here is what you need to know : Firebird is DEAD. It has been replaced by Warlock, which can reproduce 100% of Firebird sounds according to the developper. It is NOT free. But this is evolution. If you want something free, you need to find your way with Firebird.
Warlock (64-bit) comes with all of the original Firebird banks, plus many new ones. Still uses the .fxp/.fxb patch bank system, but the help button takes you to the online manual which has instructions for adding your own banks.

$69 at Tone2.
https://www.tone2.com/warlock.html
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:35 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 pm For the people who end up on this thread, here is what you need to know : Firebird is DEAD. It has been replaced by Warlock, which can reproduce 100% of Firebird sounds according to the developper. It is NOT free. But this is evolution. If you want something free, you need to find your way with Firebird.
Warlock (64-bit) comes with all of the original Firebird banks, plus many new ones. Still uses the .fxp/.fxb patch bank system, but the help button takes you to the online manual which has instructions for adding your own banks.

$69 at Tone2.
https://www.tone2.com/warlock.html
i will only buy warlock when they include the wooden sides gui from firebird :D

robindrieghe wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 pm i will only buy warlock when they include the wooden sides gui from firebird :D
Oh well then, the Warlock gui doesn't appear to be skinnable...

But it is resizeable! For the win! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”