Waldorf Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 are "NKS ready" now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo Nave PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Hi,

Waldorf in collaboration with Native Instruments just announced that their Plugins including Nave (was alraedy done earlier), Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition 2 are now "NKS ready" to be used with the NI Komplete Kontrol S keyboards or the Maschine hardware controllers.

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

NI website including 50% off sale (including the Waldorf plugins):
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... ng-synths/
UPDATE (9.5.2016): The sale seems to have ended now.

If you are an owner of Komplete 10 you could also use the Komplete Kontrol software as a browser, without using the hardware controller. It is also possible to use this with teh Machine 2 software.

I was involved with the project myself and the Waldorf Edition 2 now also includes a soundset with 64 of my own patches (which actually i had done a while ago alraedy).
A version fully comnpatble with PPG Wave 3.V should follow with an update in the near future.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue May 10, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hints for using the new plugin versions with the NKS format:

NKS is not a plugin format but a preset format that offers different nenefits when used with the Komplete Kontrol software (or Maschine 2 software) and/or the Komplete Kontrol S or Maschine hardware.

The plugins should be usable without using the NKS format at all.

If you want to use the NKS presets format there are different options:

1.) only software: NI Komplete Kontrol software/plugin (license for Komplete 10 needed, maybe also works with v9)

2.) only software: NI Maschine 2 sofware/plugin (including a license for it)

3.) Komplete Kontrol S keyboards: those will inclu8de a license for the Komplete Kontrol software/plugin

4.) Maschine 2 hardware (different versions) : should include a licensene for the Maschine 2 software/plugin

The Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 software should include Standalone and plugin versions (including VST2, VSt3, AAX, AU).
The other plugins (e.g. Waldorf plugins) will then be loaded inside those Komplete Kontrol or Maschine 2 plugins so those more or less habeve like a host for other plugins.
NKS compatible plugins should appear at the left part of the staring page of the Komplete Kontro or Maschine 2 plugins.

You could also load any other plugin (fro ma menu in Komplete Kontrol/Maschine 2 software) but that will not be fully compatible and/or has no proper controller mappings (actually it will then map all available parameters in a more or less random order). Once you saved a NKS file that plugin should also appear at the starting page at the left of the Komplete Kontrol/Maschine 2 plugin but without a proper picture for the synth.

Each NKS file seems to save the patch data, the categories ("NI style" categories to be precise) and teh controller mapping so theortetically you coudl use diferent controller mappings for each NKS preset.

Patch browsing in the synth plugin should still work so if you want to save your own patches you could first load one of the presets to get the proper controller mapping, select the desired patch inside the synth plugin, add the NI categories and save teh NKS file which is then found in the user content. At the upper left of the Komplete Kontrol plugion you got 2 symbols to switch between factory and user content.

For being able to edit really everything (inckluding saving NKS patches to a new bank) you would need a developer version of Maschine 2. With Komplete Kontrol and the standard version of Maschine 2 there seem to be some limitations.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

So is this also in the latest versions on waldorf's site?

I'm intrigued... I recently bought the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.v off their website (and loving it!).

So would this affect/influence my purchase, seeing as how I'm also a long-standing NI/Komplete customer??
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

aMUSEd wrote:So is this also in the latest versions on waldorf's site?
The new/current versions should be:

- Largo: v1.6.0
- PPG Wave 3.V: v1.1.0
- Waldorf Edition 2: v2.2.0

Future updates should then also get an updated version number.
Ingo Weidner

So at 32 bit only Largo costed €229

Now when it goes 64 bits the price is cut to €150 :o

And on sale now even less €75 :love:

For the Waldorf Edition 2 presets, especially PPG Wave 2.V, no categories existed so far. With the NKS files (1 file per patch) categories and sub-categories (both in "NI style") were added which took some time to add also as each patch had to be auditioned to do that.
Ingo Weidner

pethu wrote:I'm intrigued...
Me too. Nave seems very attractive at that price. Already have Largo, but for that price, i can highly recommend it too. Bargain really.

I can get it if I don't have Komplete?

great price for Largo, I also liked NAve but the GUi isn't so good for PC use.

I got a blofeld recently and I love the sound, so would love to also to have largo as a backup.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:I can get it if I don't have Komplete?
Oh, yeah, that'd be good to know for sure. :)

chk071 wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I can get it if I don't have Komplete?
Oh, yeah, that'd be good to know for sure. :)
Doesn't that go without saying ?

This is a sale to commemorate and celebrate that these plugs are now NKS ready. They still will function as regular VSTs as well though

NKS means that they will function really well with the Komplete Kontrol keyboards, like a synth/hardware hybrid

Is there a good reason to own Nave if you already have Largo?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

By the way, I really think that this show Ni commitment and wish to get the NKS widely adopted. NI has huge market share and the resources to make NKS a success, unlike Akai with their VIP thing. I am sure NKS will outlive VIP.
dedication to flying

I hope Waldorf will also release updates for their addon banks to integrate them into the Komplete database (otherwise users would have to import them one by one and they would go in the user section)

If using soft eLicenser to authorize, how many machines can a license be installed on. Only one? Hopefully more.

Can I move a soft eLicenser license from one pc to another later, if I want to do that.

I can't do that with regular Steinberg VSTs like Padshop, so that is why I am asking.

Return to “Instruments”