Reveal Sound's Spire Rack Extension coming to Reason soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spire

I've owned Spire for some time now, and frequently go to Studio One just to use it. I tend to prefer to work in Reason, though, so the fact that they're finally getting underway has my interest.

Curious if it'll turn out majorly crippled or a fully functional 1:1 port? Looks like it's called "ReSpire", so probably not the latter.... :(

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/revealsoundspi ... =3&theater
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

At least the oscillator and filter sections seem to be fully functional. :) I really wonder how they solved the tabbed operation of the envelopes, and LFO's, it doesn't look changed to the VSTi version, and i was always under the impression that a tabbed/paged design is not possible with the actual RE SDK. I have no idea how other RE's do this, if possible, so take that with a pinch of salt.

BTW, i already wrote that on Reasontalk, but, it's fantastic that Reason folks get to have Spire as a synth. Frankly, with RE's or without, i always felt Reason was a bit short of a real blockbuster synth, and Spire definitely is one. Reveal-Sound will know what they're doing with porting Spire to RE, so i figure this will be a major success, when they release it. :tu:

chk071 wrote:At least the oscillator and filter sections seem to be fully functional. :) I really wonder how they solved the tabbed operation of the envelopes, and LFO's, it doesn't look changed to the VSTi version, and i was always under the impression that a tabbed/paged design is not possible with the actual RE SDK. I have no idea how other RE's do this, if possible, so take that with a pinch of salt.

BTW, i already wrote that on Reasontalk, but, it's fantastic that Reason folks get to have Spire as a synth. Frankly, with RE's or without, i always felt Reason was a bit short of a real blockbuster synth, and Spire definitely is one. Reveal-Sound will know what they're doing with porting Spire to RE, so i figure this will be a major success, when they release it. :tu:
Totally agree! Though Blamsoft's Expanse really raised the bar for Reasoners very much. It's a bang-up synth that's probably the best available for Reason, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yep, it's great news that 10 years after the release of Massive and Sylenth1, there will finally be a decent synth in Reasonland.

izonin wrote:Yep, it's great news that 10 years after the release of Massive and Sylenth1, there will finally be a decent synth in Reasonland.
Meh, there's been decent synths before now, but that's an entirely different conversation. :hihi:

:D

Can't help but sympathise with that a bit though, at least the stock devices are, IMO, far away from even being in the same league as Sylenth1, and i do think that Spire sounds quite a bit better than Sylenth1, so... lots to look forward to for Reasonland. :)

Expanse looks like a nice synth though. I didn't demo it personally, but the sound examples sounded good. Wasn't too impressed with Antidote, the other much talked about RE synth, i must admit. Surely an okay synth, but it sounded a bit boring to me. Each to his like.

chk071 wrote::D

Can't help but sympathise with that a bit though, at least the stock devices are, IMO, far away from even being in the same league as Sylenth1, and i do think that Spire sounds quite a bit better than Sylenth1, so... lots to look forward to for Reasonland. :)

Expanse looks like a nice synth though. I didn't demo it personally, but the sound examples sounded good. Wasn't too impressed with Antidote, the other much talked about RE synth, i must admit. Surely an okay synth, but it sounded a bit boring to me. Each to his like.
I own both Spire and Expanse. Being intimately familiar with Spire, I have to say - Expanse can easily give it a run for its money. I mean, Expanse has nowhere near the amount of libraries that Reveal Sound has built up for Spire over the past few years, but as far as sound goes - it's top notch. Blamsoft/eXode really knocked it out of the park, IMHO.

That said, I digress... really hoping Reveal Sound can pull off a decent port of Spire. Or ReSpire. Or whatever it ends up being... LOL!

The synth seems to be missing the whole effects section, the effects are very important part of the Spire sound. Also I'm not sure it has stepper and arp, the modulator section seems to have only 8 slots which probably correspond to 4 LFOs and 4 envelopes. Also where is the matrix?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Wow, Reason 9 sounds the same as I left it 2005. A new synth push the old reason plastic sound to todays level.

I don't know why people stick with Reason. It must be similar to having a handcuff fetish.

KEv

No offence EnochLight, but seriously - what is the point of this thread, except possible (probable) troll baiting?

Reveal Sound themselves even refer to it as a "pre-alpha" which means that a lot of things can change on the way, so it's pretty meaningless to even speculate at this point. :)

eXode wrote:No offence EnochLight, but seriously - what is the point of this thread, except possible (probable) troll baiting?

Reveal Sound themselves even refer to it as a "pre-alpha" which means that a lot of things can change on the way, so it's pretty meaningless to even speculate at this point. :)
Huh?!! It's a thread meant to gauge interest and discuss. How could this possibly be meant as trolling??

recursive one wrote:Image

The synth seems to be missing the whole effects section, the effects are very important part of the Spire sound. Also I'm not sure it has stepper and arp, the modulator section seems to have only 8 slots which probably correspond to 4 LFOs and 4 envelopes. Also where is the matrix?
Yeah, this concerns me as well. It's an early alpha though, so hopefully things will improve.

izonin wrote:Yep, it's great news that 10 years after the release of Massive and Sylenth1, there will finally be a decent synth in Reasonland.
I would trade anytime Sylenth1 for Thor. :(

I also guess there's a lot "subject to change" about this, but, i don't see an issue in creating a thread about this, after all, Reveal-Sound "revealed" that they're working on it, so, fair enough to discuss and speculate. :)

Return to “Instruments”