Red and Blue Blinking USB Sync Light on 1818VSL when connected to my Qu4ttro

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light onto this issue.

I am trying to get my new 1818VSL to work nicely with my Muse Research Qu4ttro. When I plug in the USB cable, the USB sync light on the 1818VSL blinks alternately Red and Blue.

Through research, I found a Knowledgebase article entitled Audiobox 1818VSL Not Working with Muse Receptor Qu4ttro or Trio After 1.3 Driver Update.

I followed the steps exactly on both a OSX machine as well as a Windows machine. I got to a point that says a new Firmware is available for your 1818VSL, Click OK to update...which I did....but the Firmware only updated my 181VSL to 1.05 The Knowledgebase article claims that when I install the Audiobox_12_5194 software, that the Firmware upgrade will downgrade (or in my case upgrade, since my 1818VSL came with 1.04 Firmware.) to Firmware 1.2, but it did not. I did completely remove all Presonus drivers from my systems prior to the Firmware upgrade.

Any ideas?

Sorry. You must back up a step and go back to the original build in the AB1818. The update does not work.
Also, there is a code to type into the startup screen to make it work again. I will have to get back to you on what that is.
The Q4tro and T3io were shipped with a USB hub to alleviate startup sequence issues; meaning if you start the Receptor after the AB1818 has fully initialized the Receptor will not see it and you will not be synchd. I don't use the hub (more parts in a small space) so I have to make sure I start the Receptor first.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thanks for the reply.

When you say the original build of the 1818VSL, what is that and where can I find it? Also, how would I install this on my 1818VSL?

The Muse Research Knowledge Base states that the 1818VSL 1.2 firmware is exactly what I need.

Hi
Here is a link to the 1.2 software i found it at the presonus website under legacy software. Hope it is what you are looking for.

Andy

Yeah. Sorry about that. By build I meant driver/software. The driver is bundled with a mixer interface. I've never seen it on the Receptor but haven't looked. I believe Muse wrote script to work specifically to the first edition driver. Good luck.

http://www.presonus.com/support/downloa ... ox-1818VSL
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”