Synapse Audio The Legend: free Synth Brass collection (currently 48 patches)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Hi,

i alraedy posted quite a lot about this in the dedicated thread for The Legend but thought it would be better not to longer "derail" that thread with my own contributions and the following replies.

Since i owned a real Jupiter 8 back in 2004 and already before that i was a big fan of Synth Brass sounds for which several analog poysynths were quite famous for (including the Jupiter and others). Mostly I am not really speaking about replications of real acoustoc Brass instruments while those area part of this too. For me this also includes Brass like pads.
The Minimoog Model D (i owned one around 2004/2005) while monophonic semed to be used for a bunch of

So finally after my factory presets for The Legend (those with "IW" at the end of the name) alraedy included 4 Synth Brass sounds i decided to do a lot more with The Legend, mostly using the 4 voice polyphonic mode.
The "Classic" presets in The Legend that i had re-programmed from the Minimoog patch sheets by Klaus P. Rausch (with kind permission) includes some Brass presets too (e.g. Trumpet, Trombone etc.). Those classic patches are all monophonic but could be easily switched to poly mode.

Here is a download for the current collection (at the moment 48 patches) that also includes the 4 factory presets (marked with a "+"at the end of the name):
UPDATE (2.2.2017):
The download for the Synth Brass Collection is available here now: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-leg ... /downloads
Some of the patches are also included in the factory presets at The Legend v1.10 now.

This is still work in progress so more patches and/or updates for existing ones could follow.

Not all of those are replications of of known sounds/patches. Besides those that try to replicate known sounds this also includes patches inspired by known ones but are still different and also patches created "from scratch".

Those with "MeMo" at the beginning of the name were re-programmed from Moog Memorymoog patch sheets (included in the manual) while only the first was actually checked with an audio demo of the real thing and the rest are corrected and/or "interpolated" based on the settings used for the first one. The last one called "Memo Brass 11 IW" is my own variation of the first one.

The patch "OBXa Brass Ensemble IW" was is based on re-programming a patch that the KVR member FMR made a while ago for OB-Xd as part of a free 128 patches bank based on OB-Xa inspired patches (the bank is incluided with the current version of the plugin).

I hope that some of those patches could be useful for you. Personally i had and still have real fun with doing those. You are free to post your own free Synth Brass patches for The Legend in this thread.

Best wishes,
Ingo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Since this thread was started 14 new patches were added so currently the collection includes 46 patches now (42 without those that were already included in the factory content).

I created a screenshot of those 46 patches the browser of The Legend where teh 14 new patches are marked with red color and the "old" facory presets with green color:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... es%201.png

I also removed the "1" from some of the end of some names where no second patch was added after that.
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

*Reserved for future updates + demos*
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

At Windows the location for the preset files of The Legend is found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Synapse Audio\Legend\Soundbanks
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Thanks Ingo.
rsp
Many thanks for the kind comment. :hug:

Hopefully more patches will be added soon. Those who alraedy downloaded this from the big The Legend thread maybe should re-download as 8 new patches were added since i first posted this a few days ago.

BTW the new patch "Legend-ary Brass v1 IW" i made yesterday is a first attempt to create my own favorite Brass sounds inspired by known ones but still different. This first one was inspired by the OBXa Brass and the modified Memorymoog Brass that are included in the collection. It uses a 3rd Osc that is tuned one octave lower than the other 2. To rpelicate this with other synths you need 3 Oscs or 2 Oscs and a Sub-Osc (a Sub-Osc that offers a Saw like e.g. in my Novation Bass Station II while that one is monophonic).
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Recently i was listening to some YouTube videos of "Mr Firechild" who has an insane collection of analog polysynths (including e.g. CS-80, Memorymoog, Jupiter 8, Prophet 10, OB-X, OB-Xa, Matrix-12 and several more).
In this video he is using the Schmidt Eightvoice, one of the biggest, greatest, most expensive and most rare analog polysynths:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImoScan6P8

A great sounding Synth Brass sound is used in this video, actually there seem to be at least 2 two different ones in this video. I did not try to recreate those specific sounds yet but will try to come close if possible (if necessary also using other plugins). Actually the sound starting after around 1 minute seems to be comparable to a few included with my patches for The Legend here and it should not be too difficult to nail this with a little tweaking of one of those patches.

I had the honor to play with the Schmidt Eightvoice at least two times during two difernt years at Musikmesse in Frankfurt and could also speak with the developer Stefan Schmidt. The synth is a dream but very expensive (around 20000 € !!!).
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

It sure does sound great, as sure as it is expensive :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for sharing :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

The Schmidt thingy sure sounds nice, but €20k?! 8)

(The position of the display is not very ergonomic, they should have located it more towards the center and higher up. then there are zillions of identical knobs, very bad for people with a visual memory. Labels seem tiny.
Ergonomically it reminds me of bad plugin user interfaces.)

3 new patches called "Filter Mod Brass IW", "Rezzy Mod Brass IW" and "Rising Filter Mod Brass IW" were added to the ZIp file so this now includes 34 patches. Also the name of the ZIP file was updated with todays date.

The patch "Rising Filter Mod Brass IW" is inpired by the first Synth Brass in the Schmidt Eightvoice synth demo posted above while it does not really try to nail that one (and is also not really possible to fully nail with The Legend).

All 3 new patches do use Osc 3 as a LFO for filter modulation. If necessary like usually you could adjust the mod amount with the "MW" fader in the GUI or with the Modwheel.

Currently all those 35 patches (31 without those already included in the factory content) use the Poly-4 mode with various amounts of stereo spread (most patches use at least a small amount of spread).
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

As soon as i think i am finished with the Brass patches i will also add add those to the KVR plzgins database for The Legend (at the "Banks & Patches" page):
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-leg ... /downloads

Teksonik had posted his free patches there last year.

Curently with my patches there are still too many changes/updates to add it there to the database. Even today at the same day i started this thread i alraedy added a few more patches.
Ingo Weidner

Great brasses! Some "instant cinematic" sounds. Excellent sound design! Thank you!

These are top quality and should be included as a Brass category in the factory patches for The Legend. Ask Richard.

Yorrrrrr wrote:These are top quality and should be included as a Brass category in the factory patches for The Legend. Ask Richard.
First many thanks to you, zvenx, core and Markku for the kind replies. :hug:

As soon as i think i am finished i will ask Richard about this indeed, hopefully alraedy next week.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

:tu: Really nice, thank you for taking the time to share your work.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Soundware”