KORG Legacy Collection updated for macOS High Sierra (first time since 2014)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

Believe it or not, but KORG updated all of their Legacy Collection plugins for macOS High Sierra!
Here are the details of the update:
Note that minimum system requirements have been changed to add support for 64-bit functionality. Please do not update your software if you do not meet these minimum requirements.

Mac
  • Supported for macOS High Sierra (10.13).
  • Improved the audio input/output settings.
  • Stability improvements.
And here I thought they were dead. Last update was in 2014. Good on them.
Last edited by dangayle on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

I agree it's a good sign. Let's just hope they will consider updating the small sized GUI for each synth.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

oh those are the first third party vst's I started with, good news...

Anyone else think it's a real shame they abandoned the Legacy Cell instrument pretty much completely? It had some real potential.

Mac only update, nothing changed for Windows people. Just FYI.

EvilDragon wrote:Mac only update, nothing changed for Windows people. Just FYI.
Added that to the title, sorry about that.

MrDuke wrote:Anyone else think it's a real shame they abandoned the Legacy Cell instrument pretty much completely? It had some real potential.
yeah I think so, many vst's start dying like that, there are many cases where the developer create something great and due to the lack of maintenance and more updates it just fade away. is like a sad history.

I'm surprised Korg aren't yet selling individual Gadget VSTs for PC and Mac. I would definitely pick up the up-coming Mono/Poly gadget, along with existing Arp Odyssey.

MrDuke wrote:Anyone else think it's a real shame they abandoned the Legacy Cell instrument pretty much completely? It had some real potential.
Yes.

I'm glad they keep these functional, but they really need to update the GUI for modern resolutions.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

db3 wrote:I'm surprised Korg aren't yet selling individual Gadget VSTs for PC and Mac. I would definitely pick up the up-coming Mono/Poly gadget, along with existing Arp Odyssey.
Gadget and all its gadgets are available as a DAW and plugins on Mac OS. Even if you don't like Gadget itself, the plugin collection seems awesome.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Thanks for the news. Great to see, that my KLC will be supported further.

I'd be even paying for a bigger update with better GUIs.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Jace-BeOS wrote:
db3 wrote:I'm surprised Korg aren't yet selling individual Gadget VSTs for PC and Mac. I would definitely pick up the up-coming Mono/Poly gadget, along with existing Arp Odyssey.
Gadget and all its gadgets are available as a DAW and plugins on Mac OS. Even if you don't like Gadget itself, the plugin collection seems awesome.
Yeah I've used it, but I'm sure individual VST Gadgets would be popular.

ATN69 wrote:I agree it's a good sign. Let's just hope they will consider updating the small sized GUI for each synth.
Yep, they are late on this anway. Shame on them.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Yeah Korg fix the GUI's! Does anyone think we should reach out to Korg directly for this instead of complaining on the boards? Will they listen?

Won't know until you try :P

Return to “Instruments”