Soleil Vert: Une porte dans la mémoire

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A song about remembering...

ambient with lots of synths :)

https://soundcloud.com/soleil-vert/une- ... la-memoire

i like the melodies and the strings and synths, but the drums sound like lo-fi casio toy keyboard accompaniment. :shrug:

but maybe those drum sounds were what you were after.
if so, rock on!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really appreciate that you give me a fresh perspective, that is why I am posting.

The drums could not be made in a more expensive way :)

...but now that you say it, I see your point.

it is maybe my style of programming that is old and dinky, but this track being about a memory trip, remembering, I was aiming for a sort of old bluesy feel. Mind you it is 909 modules and I miss cymbal and toms, I added some from another drum machine... ending up sounding like you said was not the goal but stuff happens I guess :)

Hmmm... Time for a longer Feedback.

1) let the intro pads do their work. Don't kick them so early and give the listener the chance to jump into the song.

2) The claps are not hm "clever". Sounds not "fragile" enough for the arrangement and the sounds. The delay is too harsh and give it a slight reverb. And please don't do the claps in the pad intro. It#s the best point to start when the song starts.

3) The strings could be a bit brighter.

4) The leadsynth that comes in at 1:00 could be more defined.

5) The acidsound could have more depth, but of reverb.

6) The bass is very well chosen, maybe a bit saturation on it.

7) The chordsynth (enters at 5:40) could have some chorus.

All in all a really cool song and I'm not bored to listen to it till the end.

I guess you like Bladerunner Soundtrack and I guess also you like Air... Am I right? If not, you should listen to Air's Moonsafari. ;)

6) At 3:10, when the deep strings come in, think about to fatten it with Artifake_Lab's mellotron chello. Doesn't matter which mellotron version you use: https://sites.google.com/site/artifakelabs/

7) The drums are really great, never going on my nerves.
Last edited by Cruba on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks a lot for the comments!

I checked all your points and some of it will be done in the final mix... :)

it is great to have feedback!

I have listened to Moon Safari many times, but I has been a very long while. I saw Air in concert too, loads of vintage on stage and great music. I miss the most recent Blade Runner movie but have seen the original back then. Yes I love synth based music.

;)

Return to “Music Cafe”