Dune vs Dune 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE DUNE 3

anyone experience with both ? any unique features to either ? wondering if I could skip buying one of them.... :D
Last edited by gort11112 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Both are great but skip Dune 1, simply because it has no support from Synapse Audio. If you are like me that oldschool browser will drive you nuts. Even Sylenth1 has updated browser where you can select banks and import individual presets (not even mentioning scalable GUI).

Dune 2 is amazing, but i dont have a trust in Synapse Audio when it comes to support and i have a strong feeling that because Dune 3 is coming, Dune 2 will have no support in the future, meaning no support for high res displays ect.

I don't think one can say there is no support for Dune 1. If you were to encounter a bug, they would probably fix it, after all you paid for the software. But of course they won't add new features...

not an expert but the Dune 3 story kinda reminds me of 'let's wait for Ableton 10' story :)

skip v1and v2 and buy v3. It will be out this year. Beta is going well, factory presets are being compiled. The biggest time consumer has been making versions for the niche market (mac/aax)

Besides the full versions, there are the Dune BE and Dune CM versions. They are 32-bit only though.
Also they don't have effects and there are less slots for the mod matrix.

I know that DUNE 2 has better specs,but the original DUNE is a great workhorse synth !

I actually use it more than DUNE 2....

It's really easy to work with and it always sits well in the mix...

Sometimes the simple solutions are the ones we really need :wink:

BTW : DUNE CM is also x64 and even that one sounds fantastic with no FX !
No auto tune...

pick one or the other and make a song with it. they both make good sounds :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

digitalboytn wrote: BTW : DUNE CM is also x64 and even that one sounds fantastic with no FX !
Here is the agreement I see when I reinstalled Dune CM a few minutes ago (note it's 32-bit only)
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't think one can say there is no support for Dune 1. If you were to encounter a bug, they would probably fix it, after all you paid for the software. But of course they won't add new features...
+1

Synapse has excellent customer service. I've been a customer of theirs since Junglist and Scorpion were their big sellers and they've always been a great company to deal with support-wise.

Examigan wrote:Here is the agreement I see when I reinstalled Dune CM a few minutes ago (note it's 32-bit only)
I'm looking at the install folder from CM258 and Synapse DuneCM does have a 64 bit version. :wink:
DuneCM.png
From the "how to install" text file:

"To install the 32-bit version of this plug-in, please run the .exe installer file.

To install the 64-bit version of this plug-in, please copy the .dll file to your shared VST folder".
DuneCM-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't think one can say there is no support for Dune 1. If you were to encounter a bug, they would probably fix it, after all you paid for the software. But of course they won't add new features...
And i did encounter a bug = a browser - it bugs me :-D

And i did report a constant crashing on Zampler witch is made by Synapse, havent heard a fart from them :)

Elektronisch wrote: And i did report a constant crashing on Zampler witch is made by Synapse, havent heard a fart from them :)
you need to report it to beat mag, not synapse.

AnX wrote:
Elektronisch wrote: And i did report a constant crashing on Zampler witch is made by Synapse, havent heard a fart from them :)
you need to report it to beat mag, not synapse.
As far as i know Synapse handles the technical part not beat/loopmasters.

gort11112 wrote:anyone experience with both ? any unique features to either ? wondering if I could skip buying one of them.... :D
I've used both. While there are similarities between the two, they are two distinct VI's. That's why you can't use Dune 1 patches with Dune 2. Both have some really great patch libraries available for them...some free, some not. Dune 2 can be a bit of resource hog, depending on the complexity of the patch. And you can either create or import additional wave tables for it, and there are a few of those out there for it as well. Check the Synapse Audio forum on that.

Do you "need" both? Well, with us music types, "need" is a rather elastic term. But if you had to choose 1 or 2...I'd go with Dune 2 just because it has more features, more layered, and way more patch libraries for it.

Also...one way to get a version of Dune 1 is with Computer Music magazine, which, as I recall, has a slightly scaled down version of it available as a freebie on the DVD that comes with the magazine. Some of the free patch libraries will work with that version quite nicely as well. So you can have both!!

Return to “Instruments”