U96 - Das Boot (Jksound Remix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio one fan
JKSOUND - Sound Design.
Soundbanks, Production and other music-related products.

i like the gorgeous tone of the original string melody over your generic supersaw melody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYUOAe3f_AY
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

i agree with you ,i love string melody too :)
Studio one fan
JKSOUND - Sound Design.
Soundbanks, Production and other music-related products.

I like the breakdown the most. All other parts are too repetitive (for my taste).
HAve in mind that the recipient of todays music doesn´t have the attention span we all wish.
Nowadays the listener expect every 8 bars something new.
How I feel about that ?
Yes it´s quite dumb, but that´s the way it is. It´s like everybody seems to listen to the tracks, which are mixed and mastered by multi-100k-dollar-equipment, on earplugs or worse: on Utube @ 240k
The days of 15min-maxi singles and highly improvised live performances (by real musicians) are long over.
Not always a bad thing and nothing against a track filled with lots of ideas, though :-)

(( D ))

Hard Trance doesn't get much love these days huh?

This is good. It has all the elements needed for the genre... epic, hard hitting drums with just the right amount of snare rolls, up-beat synth lines, great melodic breakdown, followed by a stratospheric buildup. What more could a raver want??? Ahhh, the 90's... thanks for the trip down memory lane. Your remix is great!

Oh... and as an aside, thanks also for reminding me of the original track. For years after seeing Inception, I wondered where Hans Zimmer borrowed the idea for his wonderful 'Time' track for that film. I knew I had heard something similar in my younger years. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”