Arturia Xmas Gift Reverb PLATE-140

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, that is how I understood it. There are two nonlinear aspects there, one is the exaltation point you could probably model (dependent of the signal), and one is the nonlinear behavior of the plate itself, that is harder, but could be approached with some sort of multi sampling IRs... Anyway it sounds very nice and I don’t care how exact this is...
(I am not talking about the preamps and electronic parts, that would be a snap for them to model, they are used to it anyway...)

I got this, but I haven't had the chance to check it out yet. How are people finding it??

Found it in my plug-in folder.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

To anyone that has been using this. Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the plugin forgets its day/wet setting sometimes?

I am using Ableton, and the issue seems to occur when I freeze or unfreeze a track (Any track, not just the one with the plug in). the dry/wet setting sounds like it defaults (at 50/50). When I navigate to the track in question and open up the plug in, that then seems to force it to return to the values that I set up.

Great sounding reverb but this bug is mighty annoying.

Yes, there is a bug with the wet/dry settings.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:33 pm Found it in my plug-in folder.
:hihi:

4damind wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:18 am Yes, there is a bug with the wet/dry settings.
Is there? That sucks...

Yes!
I needed some time to notice that the plugin does not remember the wet/dry settings. It was very strange that there was too much reverb when opening the project. One reason I replaced the Arturia Plate with ValhallaPlate...
Arturia has to fix that

Hi guys,

we are working on a bugfix update. I should be released in a couple of weeks.

Kevin

ATN69 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 pm Anyone tried it? Any pictures?
Probably the other Half of the World...

It´s a nice Toy. Probably more than that. Really big "Boom" inside. And it looks nice, too.

4damind wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm Yes!
I needed some time to notice that the plugin does not remember the wet/dry settings. It was very strange that there was too much reverb when opening the project. One reason I replaced the Arturia Plate with ValhallaPlate...
Arturia has to fix that
Does it default to fully Wet?? Because then that bug shouldn’t be an issue when run on an Aux...obviously.

It does seem like an odd oversight, though.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:19 am Hi guys,

we are working on a bugfix update. I should be released in a couple of weeks.

Kevin
Good to hear. Thank you.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Thanks for the fix, this is a very nice sounding plate.
It would eventually be nice to (additionally) being able to move the decay parameter as a fader, or with the mousewheel since it's stepped.
It currently takes 16 mouse clicks from minimum to maximum.

~deleted~
Last edited by anyoddthing on Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anyoddthing wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:07 pm While I think it's generally a very nice move from Arturia to make this gift I find it a bit nonsensical to have this as a time limited thing. I downloaded the plugin in time last year but IMHO due to technical problems that are caused by Arturia I was never able to register it.

Today I thought I give it another try just to find that the seem to have removed the mentioned support registration site altogether. Which means that I will never be able to use it but have it as a glaring reminder in "My Products" in the Software Center. So for me this "present" turned into the opposite... a constant frustration

:-(
Why don't you just write a nice request to Arturia support instead of whining here?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”