My keyboard is no longer listed in Guitarist

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As above. When I first fired up Guitarist my controller/keyboard played the Major & Minor chords in the opening preset, as per the manual. Now this same keyboard doesn't show up in the File/Midi Settings list. I've tried turning it off and back on (as I sometimes have to with Kontakt) and also tried disconnecting/re-connecting; but the Settings are stubbornly refusing to 'see' my keyboard. All the more puzzling, as it did work on initial loading up. Any ideas, anyone?

Hi martcaster,

ok, when using the standalone version, have you first made sure your MIDI controller is connected before you start Guitarist? Are there possibly other audio app is running? Guitarist only loads drivers when it starts. Other audio apps could already be using the MIDI driver.

best,
Nadine

Are you on Windows? I used to find sometimes on Windows it was really difficult to make a keyboard persist, especially after any energy saving methods kicked in.

Often it would involve closing everything, unplugging the keyboard, plugging it back in and starting over. Some controllers were worse than others - I assumed it was down to drivers.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”