Free Patches for Synapse Audio OBsession (currently 122 patches)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

(NOTE: The text and download was changed since the thread was originally started.)

After Synapse Audio OBSession was released with currently 134 of my own factory presets i also wanted to provide a colelction of additional patches that i craeted
during the Beta testing and after the official release.

LAST UPDATE: 24.07.2020:

Here is a download with currently 122 free OBsession patches that so far are not included in the factory content:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2hcuxwb6jpl7 ... s.zip?dl=1

This includes 72 patches that were created during the Beta testing and 50 new patches created after the official release (updates were already posted earlier in this thread).

The download includes 4 folders with the fxp files (unsorted and sorted in catefgory sub-folders),
NKS Presets (for the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 software) and *.Repatch files for the OBsession RE plugin.

UPDATE (24.07.2020):
Those 12 patches (mostly Lead sounds) were added since the last update:
- 4th Wave Lead IW
- 4VCO Sync Lead IW
- 1981 4VCO Lead IW
- Brassey Quadrilogy Lead IW
- Eight Octaves Saw Lead IW
- Major Third Lead IW
- Moogy Fifths Lead IW
- Mosquito Lead IW
- Porta Lead IW
- Sharknado Lead IW
- Warm FM Piano IW
- XXLead IW

Installation:
To install the *.fxp patch files in Windows please copy the "Ingo Weidner" folder to the Soundbanks folder found at:
C:/Users/*your name*/Documents/Synape Audio/Obsession/Soundbanks
I have no Mac but AFAIK at OSX it should be located at: /Library/Application Support/Synape Audio/Obsession/Soundbanks.

The plugin has to be re-loaded and/or re-inserted to make the new folder appaear in the browser.
If you use the download with the category sub-folders (the "sorted" one) teh sub-folders wil lappear in the browser like the main folders do.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

UPDATES:

COLLECTION OF NEW PATCHES (created after the Beta and/or the official release):

NOTE: Those patches are included in the bigger download at the OP:

An update of the new patches collection (date: 24.07.2020) with 12 new patches (overall 50 patches in the collection):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wstdoh9w9evps ... 0.zip?dl=1

The new patches that were added are:
- 4th Wave Lead IW
- 4VCO Sync Lead IW
- 1981 4VCO Lead IW
- Brassey Quadrilogy Lead IW
- Eight Octaves Saw Lead IW
- Major Third Lead IW
- Moogy Fifths Lead IW
- Mosquito Lead IW
- Porta Lead IW
- Sharknado Lead IW
- Warm FM Piano IW
- XXLead IW

NOTE:
The download contains 4 folders with the patches as fxp files (unsorted patches + sorted by category in sub-folders), as NKS presets and as *.Repatch files for the RE version of Obsession.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Here is a collection/summary of audio demos of my own OBsession patches that i posted already in an older OBsession thread (most of the patches are in the factory content and others in the free download):
OBSession - Pads Demo 01
OBSession - Pads Demo 02
OBSession - Pads Demo 03
OBSession - Pads Demo 04
OBSession - Pads Demo 05
OBSession - Pads Demo 06
OBSession - Pads Demo 07
OBSession - Pads Demo 08
OBSession - Pads Demo 09
OBSession - Pads Demo 10
OBSession - Pads Demo 11
OBSession - Pads Demo 12
OBSession - Pads Demo 13
OBSession - Pads Demo 14
OBSession - Pads Demo 15
OBSession - Pads Demo 16
OBSession - Pads Demo 17
OBSession - Pads Demo 18
OBSession - Pads Demo 19
OBSession - Pads Demo 20
OBSession - Pads Demo 21
OBSession - Pads Demo 22
OBSession - Pads Demo 23
OBSession - Pads Demo 24

OBSession - Atmospheres Demo 01
OBSession - Atmospheres Demo 02

OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 01
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 02
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 03
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 04
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 05
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 06
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 07
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 08
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 09
OBSession - Synth Strings Demo 10
OBSession - Strings + Big Rock Phaser_1

OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 01
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 02
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 03
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 04
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 05
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 06
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 07
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 08
OBSession - Synth Brass Demo 09

OBSession - Lazer Harp IW_1
OBSession - LazerHarp IW_polyphonic_1
OBSession - Ultrasaw Lead IW_1
OBSession - Bagpipe Drone IW_1

OBSession - Dreaming Of Tangerines IW_1
OBSession - Supergate IW_1
OBSession - Sequence Basses IW_1
OBSession - PSR J0737-3039 IW_1

OBSession - FMed Piano IW_1

Those demos use a single instance and except in the last Strings demo (with the Phaser) no external FXs were used.
Some of those patches do use the Bandpass filter modes.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for these!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Thanks!

Thank you, Ingo!

Mad respect. Thank you!

Cheers mate! :)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Many thanks for the kind words. :hug:

The plan to release the sorted out patches as a free download was there since a while.
Ingo Weidner

It is possible that in the future i am posting updates with new patches which might also include posting single patches instead of a collection.

I am sure that in one of the upcoming OBsession updates more presets will be added, especially some more Dual/Split patches.
I already got some here and in the factory presets but for sure a lot more of those could be done. As this was one of the last features added there was not very much time to do patches with the Dual/Split feature.
Ingo Weidner

The sorted out patches were added to the Download section of the OBsession plugin entry at KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obsess ... /downloads
Ingo Weidner

Thank you for these wonderful patches for a wonderful synth. Amazing sounds.

I noticed that BONES (aka Novakill) has added 80 free OBsession patches to the plugin database:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obsess ... /downloads

I just did a quick check and some nice patches seem to be included there.
Ingo Weidner

An audio demo of the Tom Sawyer patch i just recreated in OBsession based on a patch in the OP-X Pro II "famous" bank:
OBSession - Tom Sawyer Demo 1

After i noticed that they used the 24dB LPF in that OP-X Pto II patch and not the 12dB it indeed sounded closer to both the patch in OP-X Pro II and the original video of Rush. The 24dB LP in OBeession has a different Resonance behavior than the 12dB LP but also has less low end at high resonance (while teh 12dB LPF keeps all the low end). Even with the reduced low end the 24dB LPF in this patch sounds really nice IMHO.

Here is the file for the current version of the "Tom Sawyer Sweep IW" OBsession patch :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzyebbg8n4w0t ... W.zip?dl=1

PS:
The current factory presets do not seem to include the Tom Sawyer patch but AFAIK there was one created by Kriminal (aka AnX) that i do not have here for comparison. Seemed to be included in an old installer.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Soundware”