Ride It Out - Zebra, Hive, Repro 1, Repro 5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Colour Copy Diva Hive 2 Repro Zebra

New track I'm working on, all U-he Synths except for drums. [Revised mix]

Ride It Out

Bass - Zebra 2, HS Eighties Pseud (By Howard Scarr)
Flute is a layered pluck and bamboo flute - Repro 5, XS Analog Chimes (by Xenos Soundworks) and Zebra 2, HS Bamboozle (Howard Scarr)
Bell - Repro 1, TUC Ancient Electromagnetic (By The Unshushable Coktor)
Rythmic Pad - Hive, (by clangorous :) )
Saxophone and Solo Keys - Zebra 2 Modified patch, HS Vangelic Horn (Howard Scarr) with an added oscillator for a pluck. Sax sound is same patch with softer attack.
Last edited by clangorous on Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clangorous,
Sounds nice, I like it! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I see there are few thumbs down. I appreciate that folks took the time to listen and all feedback is good for me.

It wasn't tranlsating well so I have adjusted the mix especially on the low end and the cymbals. Should sound better.

Side note - the challenge with mixing synths...tell me if I'm crazy but I'm beginning to see that it's not just that synth audio is cleaner, less complex in some ways, than physical instruments. A straight audio file, even a synth track, responds differently to faders, EQ, and compression. I'm going to experiment with bouncing all the synths to audio first and see if this improves how everything sits in the mix.

Of course it might be that people don't like the track at all - always appreciate any comments that people have.

I like the synth tracks, I'm not as fond of the drum part (which ironically as you say are the only non-u-he parts!) But obviously that is very subjective. I feel they could use some more dynamics (maybe get less busy at times), but again having that steady beat might well be what you are shooting for here.

That's helpful feedback Stokely, thank you. I'll explore this! To your point, I wanted a solid groove with the kick and snare to support the pad/drone nature of the main sections, and turned to the cymbals/high hat to provide the variation. That this might not be enough is good to know. Maybe the high hat could drive the rhythm instead of the snare, and maybe use the snare and some toms or percussion to provide more noticable elements that could be taken away to create more dynamics/contrast. Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment!

Edit 10/5: Updated drums!

Return to “u-he”