Vember Audio Shortcircuit is now open source!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shortcircuit XT

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm BTW: I really miss Shortcircuit 2 ever since I moved 64 bit. I really think that it's the best, most intuitive and creative sampler plugin ever.
moutkie08 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:54 pm Surge and Shortcircuit 1.1.2, both with color schemes support and bigger font size, couldn´t ask for more..
nitedwella wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 am would love to see Shortcircuit 1 or 2 open sourced as well, eventually :phones:
VSTJuNkiE wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:55 pm Not to get OT, but....

Any chance to get Shortcircuit 1 and 2 opened sourced..? :D
paradiddle wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 am Hope to see shortcircuit get another life too.
keyman_sam wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:19 pm Still use jBridged shortcircuit 32 in 64-bit Cubase. There was a bug with saving sounds and recalling. Tiny GUI, yes. Other than that, phenomenal sampler and irreplaceable to me.

Please, PLEASE consider making both of them open source (if not just v1 will do)!
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:27 pm Now that we started a new year, in fact a new decade: will Shortcircuit also be open-sourced eventually? It would be a shame if such a great sampler is lost forever.
dtrq wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:12 am And yes, OPENSOURCE SHORTCIRCUIT!
Benedict wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:24 am I loved Shortcircuit 1 (2 not so much but if I recall correctly I never got done).

SC 1 was (and I said this several times) a lot like using my EMU Emax I & II samplers in that while it was a bit of a spreadsheet matrix to look at, it made for a really nice instrument. It was all over many of my albums from that time.

I'd be interested to see SC 1 return

Well, people... as already cat-out-of-bagged by KvR user lobanov in this thread...

Surge Synth Team (or rather, baconpaul), negotiated with Claes open-sourcing of Shortcircuit 2!

Please read the readme on the relevant GitHub for more details: https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/shortcircuit3

As mentioned in that other thread, there's still plenty of work ahead of us, but we're adamant about bringing it back to life, in the same way it happened for Surge! But please, be patient. Great things take time :)

Hope this message brightens everyone's day. :)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey people...move here :))

Awesome!
Best
YY

I love you :pray:

Fantastic news!!!
255 characters....eemm...let's see...

This is indeed good news. Just for reference I was a big fan of ver.2, but I suspect I'm in the minority on that.
Regardless. I'm sure what ever evolves will be epic.

Somehow I get the impression you aren't evil at all :D

Great news!

Sorry, have to be that guy. Mac version SC3 in some distant future? :pray:

Yes, Windows/Linux VST3 and Mac VST3/AU will all be supported, since it's being done with JUCE.

Very good news! A good sampler is needed on the OSS world.

Great news ! It was the only drag and drop sampler to work with cubase, back in the days.

Yeah! Thanks for taking on that one too...

That's great! Having sampler features from shortcircuit in Surge would be even better!

thanks to the team for doing this, looking forward to this, as I never used it before.

zyguli wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm That's great! Having sampler features from shortcircuit in Surge would be even better!
I am in two minds about that. I would kinda like Surge to just keep on being an awesome synth without having a huge dependency of multisamples. I guess you could say I share Urs' thoughts on this matter.

Return to “Instruments”