"Pandiculous" with Scott Brazieal

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't start this. My friend from eons ago and I had a long catch-up phone call after he'd quit FB and I reached out by email. So he wanted to do something live, but neither of us have the proper infrastructure to pull that off, which means having a 149 dollar box you buy at Amazon and an ethernet/not wifi connection to have low enough latency to do it.
So we're being 'compositional', or he gave me a two-file of an improvisation and I'm making massive overdubs.

It's pretty whacky. Dream logic if anything. But with his synth-pad kind of a basis it serves exactly the same purpose as me doing the usual Absynth schtick and building off that. So, this sounds like my usual. I gave him demos of the current sound world I'm working in and he seemed to craft it to. Composer Scott Brazieal (Cartoon, PFS) on a Yamaha keystation thingy recorded into ProTools.

Rough mix or somewhat. - ready for Youtube once I got a video

pandiculous
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Welcome back, Jan, that's a nice return. :)

Best regards,

dp

wowsers :o
some lovely feedback type sounds here, almost loses control completely but just stays on the edge!!!

nice, bit short though :)

Always good to hear something a little different from all the bloody mediocre club dance tunes on KVR (and I use the word 'tunes' very reluctantly regarding the two I listened to earlier this week) :)

Agree with Vurt - lovely soaring control...never quite went over the edge, but the tension it creates as it pushes towards the boundary!!!

Yeah, it is short...maybe a suite of linked mini comps / improvs?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

seems long to me.
3:04? proper pop 7" 45 isn't it
:D

thanks guys

I finally weakened and did the guitar synth thing on this one, easier for me than these piano excursions.
I'd suppose we'll do more but the poor guy has a job. When we started it was me having the job and tired all the time.

did this, apparently in December:
https://youtu.be/bx7X0UPid4g
Dave has heard it 8)

I'm struggling with the thing following that, all year. The computer revolts against the thing, I mean I sort out instability like this before too very long but there's no obvious culprit. Both the piano and the drums are quite massive library-wise but it isn't running out of RAM and it isn't any great tax on CPU. Stuff not playing nice together in the sandbox.

HOWL Absynth basis
done a long time ago now

So, cleaned up some garbage. Some of the rhythm, what was I thinking.

this is so working sans net, no model for most of it.

learn the American English pronunciation
https://youtu.be/M5yHyAeu2-0

jancivil wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:45 pm
https://youtu.be/bx7X0UPid4g

Took a trip through your youtube channel. What a goldmine of deep, haunting, beautiful alien prismatic absynth pads.
A genuinely humbling/inspiring experience. Oh and is "Dave" one of THEM?
thm.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thank you

The synths in "pandiculous" seemed to be a perfect fit for your M.O., so your statement "this sounds like my usual" is accurate. It's very listenable/enjoyable, too. ATJH?

Good work :)

Yeah, it's Amplitube Jimi Hendrix, a couple of instances, 1 feeding 2, and 3 fuzzboxes.

The sort of brown synth, mostly lows, is Brazieal, the cutting obnoxious whining synth is me with Absynth (a much less busy patch than typical).

Pandiculation is that stretching yawning thing when you wake up. I never heard the word before either.
thx

Great stuff, some of the piano reminds me of the Dresden Dolls, whom I like a lot.

thank you

I loved the explosive beginning of Fugue State, which made a great contrast to the slow fade.

The piano notes were giving me George Duke vibes from the mid '70s.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”