Techivation T-De-Esser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-De-Esser T-De-Esser Plus T-De-Esser Pro

$90, quite versatile and has a free version.

Fairly low CPU usage
Side chain modes
Oversampling
GUI rescaling
Undo/redo
Mid/Side mode
Attack/Release controls

etc...

https://techivation.com/t-de-esser-pro

On sale for $49 Discount code: BLACKFRIDAY, ends 1 Dec

I am playing with the demo. I really like how it gives loops a nice sounding polish. I think this could be used to soften transients and impart an "expensive" sound. I have yet to try it for de-essing. I am more interested from a sound design use. It's also nice to have a quick-to-use de-esser for quick corrective applications. This may be it.

thanks heaps for the heads up, bought!

T-De-Esser Pro sounds amazing! I have STILL not gotten around to using it for de-essing. I've been enjoying using it on UVI's new Quadra. It's a really nice sounding compressor, really. a band limited compressor with lots of cool useful features. The correalation between the parameter controls and the resulting sound is the most one-to-one I've experienced. That makes dialing in specific sounds intuitive and fast. Really nice sound design tool! It's probably a nice de-esser too.

it makes my hi-hats betterer

So it's definitely good not just for vocals?

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:31 pm So it's definitely good not just for vocals?
yes. any mid-high content it will process. i find it nice for smoothly controlling high freq transients in drum and synth loops.

Drums are all i've been using it for so far, but I'll be recording a whole bunch of singing and dialogue next week that i can't wait to treat with T-De-Esser Pro. I'm sure that people will find all kinds of 'out-of-the-box' uses for it. I haven't even started using the saturator yet.

The 45% discount almost knocks it into no-brainer territory. I did compare it to the Weiss de-esser and was not disappointed. Especially considering the reputation and co$t of the Weiss. I'd like to hear the opinion of some genuine 'golden ears' regarding this comparison and in general.
Anyway, I'm happy calling T-De-Esser Pro my new go-to de-esser.

plexuss wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:31 pm So it's definitely good not just for vocals?
yes. any mid-high content it will process. i find it nice for smoothly controlling high freq transients in drum and synth loops.
That's interesting! I'm trying the free one, and am impressed so far. I'm planing to take advantage of the BF sale and jump into the Pro. Let's see.
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

Return to “Effects”