Synapse Obsession LFO sync Question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

Just bought this. Sounds fantastic.

Have one question though: if I want to set the filter to have a nice wobble with the lfo, the only way I can sync this is using the 'steps' parameter and drawing in a wave shape in the sequencer bit on the back. I only want a nice simple sine wave, but you don't seem to be able to have the lfo set to sine and sync it simultaneously. Having to draw in a sine wave seems a bit of a chore.

Am i missing something? Thanks

You could always time it to your music by ear, like we used to have to do, back in the olden days. It's not as hard as you think.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:20 am You could always time it to your music by ear, like we used to have to do, back in the olden days. It's not as hard as you think.
of course, but there will always be a slight discrepeancy because i doubt the depth is fine enough to keep it permanently in sync.

There's probably some equation you can use.

But for precise rhtymic control this is more of an issue. For others, they will say it adds character.

In the LFO Steps section try setting it to 128 steps and use the Line Tool to draw steps. Then adjust the Soften amount to taste.

You might not be able to draw a pure sine but a triangle is easy and you should be able to get close to what you're trying to achieve.

I got pretty close to a Sine by using the Pencil tool at 128 steps so try that as well.

Obsession 050922-1.png

If you A/B it with the Sine it's not too far off and I didn't spend hardly any time or take any care to make it perfect. A little more diligence should get you closer. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:30 pm In the LFO Steps section try setting it to 128 steps and use the Line Tool to draw steps. Then adjust the Soften amount to taste.

You might not be able to draw a pure sine but a triangle is easy and you should be able to get close to what you're trying to achieve.

I got pretty close to a Sine by using the Pencil tool at 128 steps so try that as well.

Obsession 050922-1.png

If you A/B it with the Sine it's not too far off and I didn't spend hardly any time or take any care to make it perfect. A little more diligence should get you closer. :tu:
Yes, that's how it can be done. I just wondered if there was a simple sync control I'd missed.

ghostwhistler wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:05 pm

https://www.convertworld.com/en/frequen ... to%20Hertz.

ghostwhistler wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:53 pm Yes, that's how it can be done. I just wondered if there was a simple sync control I'd missed
If there was a simple sync control I would have told you.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

AnX wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Wow, that's a useful conversion site. Bookmarked!

AnX wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Thanks

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:30 pmIf you A/B it with the Sine it's not too far off and I didn't spend hardly any time or take any care to make it perfect. A little more diligence should get you closer. :tu:
It's a little bit sine-like in the middle but not at either end. It's kind of half a sine wave. It would be nice if Rich made a few preset shapes like he had for the Piano Roll in Orion.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Or just added sync to the lfo....like everyone asked for when if first came into beta

BONES wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:01 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:30 pmIf you A/B it with the Sine it's not too far off and I didn't spend hardly any time or take any care to make it perfect. A little more diligence should get you closer. :tu:
It's a little bit sine-like in the middle but not at either end. It's kind of half a sine wave. It would be nice if Rich made a few preset shapes like he had for the Piano Roll in Orion.
Like I said I didn't spend a whole lot of time drawing it but I did A/B against the dedicated Sine wave and found them to be pretty close for adding wobble to the Filter like the OP was seeking.

I imagine with a little care and diligence it could be made even closer but yes just adding sync to the dedicated Sine,Square, and S/H waves or adding some preset forms to the LFO Steps would be the solutions in this case.

Return to “Instruments”