ZebraHZ default latency causing channel phase offset in Architect standalone

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Architect standalone the default base latency settings of ZebraHZ cause a stereo phase offset that affects all instruments in the current project.

By default in the ZebraHZ settings panel the base latency setting is set to 16 samples, like this:

which results in a 16 sample delay in the left channel when ZebraHZ is used in Architect standalone as seen in the lower half of this image:

The top is ZebraHZ hosted in Reaper, the bottom is ZebraHZ hosted in Architect standalone. Both playing the same mono sawtooth patch captured via loopback on my audio interface.

The 16 sample channel offset affects all instruments in the Architect project if ZebraHZ is set to the default setting of 16 sample base latency. The offset occurs whether ZebraHZ is used as a VST VST3 or AU and while using both my external audio interface or the built in audio of my Mac Mini. Changing ZebraHZ to the not recommended setting of 0 samples solves the issue for all instruments in an Architect project and doesnt appear to cause any performance issues on my system, but the default 16 sample latency setting does not create any issues with any of the other hosts I have installed here. Architect used as a VST hosting ZebraHZ within the VST does not exhibit this behavior.

I'm using a 2018 Mac Mini running Big Sur 11.6.8

Hopefully I've explained this well and named the topic appropriately. I just started playing with Architect this week so its probable I'm missing some obvious setting somewhere. It's a wonderful program. Simply looking at the mono step sequencer properties panel and all the parameters open to modulation, it seems you've created my dream MIDI playground.

Thanks for the detailed report. I do actually have this fixed, but just haven't released the fix to the general public yet. I'm happy to get a preview copy built and send you a link, if you'd be happy to test it?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I would be more than happy! Let me know what i need to do

Great, I'll get a new build together as soon as possible and PM you a link. Thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Excellent, excited to try it. Thank you

FYI: Could you check your PMs, please. Thanks.

Excited to check out the new build, sent you a PM

Return to “Loomer”