VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Just got this in the e-mail today:

Zebra Legacy Day: November 15th, 2022

What is Zebra Legacy?

Zebra Legacy is Zebra2 with all our Zebra soundsets for free (including The Dark Zebra), all at the extraordinarily generous price of 99€. This allows us to continue maintaining Zebra2 for many years to come while we focus on Zebra3 development… and beyond.

When will it drop?

Zebra Legacy will be available from our web store on November 15th, replacing all the individual products.

Is it free for me?

Most likely! There are 3 scenarios:

1) If you already own a license for Zebra2 and The Dark Zebra…

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You will also receive a free license for Zebra3 as soon as it becomes available.

2) If you already own a license for Zebra2 but not for The Dark Zebra…

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You can also upgrade to Zebra3 for only €30 as soon as it becomes available.

3) I don’t own Zebra2 yet – what are my options?

You can either wait until November 15th and buy Zebra Legacy outright for €99, or buy Zebra2 now, get all soundsets for free on or after that date – and also maintain an upgrade path to Zebra3. So to make the best of your upgrade options towards Zebra3 we recommend buying Zebra2 before November 15th.

NOTE:

As Zebra Legacy is such an incredible bargain, we will not be offering an upgrade path to Zebra3 for licenses purchased on or after November 15th!
So is Zebra3 on the horizon?

Although we have made great progress recently, please understand that we cannot quote an ETA for Zebra3 yet!

U-he are trying to keep the children busy while dessert is being prepared :)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:17 pm That's a total saving of 548 euros. Pretty good. If you go on to pay full price for Zebra 3 (199 euros? could be more) you've basically paid 99 euros for over 2500 new presets plus the Dark Zebra version of the synth.
And you get Zebra 3 for 30€... when it's ready of course :)

- Mario

mabian wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:27 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:17 pm That's a total saving of 548 euros. Pretty good. If you go on to pay full price for Zebra 3 (199 euros? could be more) you've basically paid 99 euros for over 2500 new presets plus the Dark Zebra version of the synth.
And you get Zebra 3 for 30€... when it's ready of course :)

- Mario
When that happens, 30€ will be the cost of a cup of coffee.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As someone who doesn't own Zebra:
1. If I bought Zebra Legacy on the 15th, how much would the upgrade to Zebra 3 be?
2. Are all of those patches going to work Z3?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

1. No upgrade path, you'll have to get Z3 at full price.
2. No - Z3 will be a totally different plugin.

tony10000 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:46 am
Zebra Legacy is Zebra2 with all our Zebra soundsets for free (including The Dark Zebra),

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You will also receive a free license for Zebra3 as soon as it becomes available.
Soooo, if I understand this correctly, those among us who already own Zebra2 and Dark Zebra will basically be getting a new version of Zebra2 (i.e., Legacy) with all the soundsets included (plus the free Z3 upgrade, of course)? :party:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:45 pm
Zebra Legacy is Zebra2 with all our Zebra soundsets for free (including The Dark Zebra),

Soooo, if I understand this correctly, those among us who already own Zebra2 and Dark Zebra will basically be getting a new version of Zebra2 (i.e., Legacy) with all the soundsets included (plus the free Z3 upgrade, of course)? :party:
Right!

- Mario

You win some you lose some, I bought Zebra HZ over a year ago, and I don't think I've used it in a song to this date. Turns out if I had waited and not bought it, I would have paid $30 to upgrade not $99 and still had Zebra HZ access. It's a great deal for people who didn't bother with HZ though. :?

It's always a strange thing with pricing changes and special offers, there's always that issue of what to do with how little it offers loyal customers. (but you owned it longer etc. etc. etc.)

mabian wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:46 pm
cryophonik wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:45 pm

Right!

- Mario
Well, that's not fair. What are we supposed to complain about now?! :tantrum: :-x

:hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Saukar30 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:42 pm As someone who doesn't own Zebra:
1. If I bought Zebra Legacy on the 15th, how much would the upgrade to Zebra 3 be?
2. Are all of those patches going to work Z3?
If you buy Zebra now, you will get Dark + expansions for free on the 15th plus the 30€ upgrade path. If you wait until the 15th, then it's full-price for Z3.

(Don't forget the Zebra crossgrade discount if you can get it. It's still there on the site.)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:02 pm U-he are trying to keep the children busy while dessert is being prepared :)
How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

As someone that uses both 2 and HZ independently because of the different filters, does "legacy" lose anything in that or any other functionality we need to be aware of? And how does Zebralette and the CM version figure into all of this?

:wink: (And what does this mean for Okapi 1?) :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”