VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Repro UADx PolyMAX Synthesizer

This synth sounds incredible!!

https://youtu.be/P1RquDuwu6o

You know, it actually does.

So UAD oversamples on sharc chips at 96kHz. What about these native UAD plugins? I’m interested.

Eager to know about whether or not there is internal oversampling in this synth if it’s run native and if yes how much.

Probably all the same conditions as if it were running on DSPs. I see no reason why they wouldn't oversample.

That said... this is yet another very simplistic 2 osc 1 filter 1 LFO synth... yawn :/

Shame you can't buy it outright - unless you have the UAD hardware dongle, or go the sub route.

Might consider buying it if they drop those two conditions because I like the sound.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:00 am That said... this is yet another very simplistic 2 osc 1 filter 1 LFO synth... yawn :/
And the other ones that sound as good as this?

This sounds great. As does their opal synth.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_leras wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:15 am And the other ones that sound as good as this?
Sure. NI Super 8 sounds every bit as good and throws in an extra LFO and way more flexible modulation system, for example. And isn't subscription!

Personally, I think this sounds far, far better than NI Super 8.

for one thing, Super-8 has a sequential / prophet-style filter, and sounds, as such, brittle, imho. PolyMax filter sounds like pure butter.

The on board FX are also far better sounding than those in Super-8 -- no surprise I guess, since they are apparently based on existing UAD effects. The website references "the famous digital Hall-B algorithm" used in the hall reverb -- I guess that means it's the lex 224, which makes sense for an on-board Synth reverb. It sounds freaking gorgeous.
Last edited by mholloway on Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:00 am And isn't subscription!
PolyMax can be bought for 199 USD. It's not subscription only.

mholloway wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:18 am
You have to have the UAD hardware dongle though. So, yeah... No thanks.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:10 am
OK, no need to be dramatic and call it a “dongle.” It’s an audio processor inside an audio interface. Yeah, you need it to run the synth, but as Evil said, there are plenty of great sounding analog synth emulations that are native.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:01 am
Robmobius wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:10 am
OK, no need to be dramatic and call it a “dongle.” It’s an audio processor inside an audio interface. Yeah, you need it to run the synth, but as Evil said, there are plenty of great sounding analog synth emulations that are native.
No, it IS a dongle.
You just need it to buy it but it doesn't run on it

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:00 am
_leras wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:15 am And the other ones that sound as good as this?
Sure. NI Super 8 sounds every bit as good and throws in an extra LFO and way more flexible modulation system, for example. And isn't subscription!
I quite like super 8, I don't think it sounds as good as this.

This PolyMax seems a lot more present to me.

It sounds just as good as Roland Cloud plugins (actually the sound does remind jupiter/juno alot). You can also get them without subscribtion.
Last edited by Lbdunequest on Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

It has that Universal Audio roundness. No harsh edges. Doesn't sound like my favorite poly's but it seems like a good option to have available.

Return to “Instruments”