VST's and plugins not working in Tracktion Waveform Free 12

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Waveform Free

Hey all. I'm a complete beginner here so I hope this is in the right forum.
I've started the journey with Waveform 12 (free for now. Didn't want to spend too much until I decide to move forward or not). Everything is installed and setup properly as far as I can see. My sound output is set to ASIO and a Khadas Tone board. I can play a few notes in the virtual keyboard and record them no problem but I apply a VST the sound stops. The playing seems to keep playing I just can't here any sound. Some things do work, I can apply 40OSC to the track (which come with Waveform and adjusting the dials does have an effect). Other effects that came with Waveform, such as 'phaser', 'chorus' or 'delay' seem to have no effect.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Hi,
If you're seeing the meters moving but are unable to hear anything, it sounds like there is some kind of conflict with the plugin's output. Remember, Waveform works on a "left-to-right" order. You would usually have your instrument first in line, followed by your effects. If something is not set right in the plugin, it will block everything before it (like your instrument). If you remove the plugin and the audio is audible then you know that there is a setting in the plugin that needs your attention! The Waveform plugins may work because they "know" the typical signal path for a track.

The best news is that you can see meters moving. That means the audio is coming into Waveform...so something that is happening after the instrument is "blocking" the audio. Find that plugin and spend some time dissecting its output map.

Good luck...Waveform is a great DAW and once you get comfortable with it (it took me a year), you'll really benefit from stepping up to their "Pro" version. They have some significant sales during the year so keep your eyes open!

Hey thanks for that!
Once you said that Waveform works on a left to right basis I moved the plugins that were muting the sound to the right and everything started working. :)

Thanks again.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”