Sending arp data from one track (Avenger vst) to another track. Not recording apr velocity data.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 VPS Avenger

I'm trying to send an arp sequence from Avenger to another midi track/synth. I select the 2nd track input to the Avenger VST and I'm able to record the midi notes but the velocity data from each not is not being sent (the velocity of the notes are all the same). There are youtube videos that show the velocity data recorded but they are on other DAWs like cubase. Anyone know if it is possible to record the velocity data in bitwig?

If Avenger is sending different velocities per note, Bitwig should be recording the notes and their velocities.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:19 am If Avenger is sending different velocities per note, Bitwig should be recording the notes and their velocities.
Yes, but it's not. I tested this with pigments and velocity data is getting recorded so there may be an issue with avenger. I emailed them about it to see if they have any feedback.

jwalkermed wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:22 am
pdxindy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:19 am If Avenger is sending different velocities per note, Bitwig should be recording the notes and their velocities.
Yes, but it's not. I tested this with pigments and velocity data is getting recorded so there may be an issue with avenger. I emailed them about it to see if they have any feedback.
My guess is Avenger is not sending the velocity data out. Only using it internally. I don't have it so I cannot test it.

My guess is Avenger is not sending the velocity data out. Only using it internally. I don't have it so I cannot test it.
[/quote]

I know it should be. In this youtube video it shows the velocity data is recorded in this scenario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45C96ME8UIo

However they were using cubase, not bitwig. So maybe there is some issues between the two.

Demonstration that velocity data is sent and recorded by Bitwig.

Track # 1 : Instrument. MDrummer. No drumset loaded, only a beat.
Track # 2 : Instrument. Note Receiver set to MDrummer + Goran Grooves' Pop Brushes drum instrument
Track # 3 : Audio. Recording of Pop Brushes' output.

Track # 2 Audio sent to track # 3 instead of Master

Play a beat on MDrummer. Hear it on track # 2 from the Pop Brushes. In MDrummer change the velocity of the instruments. Result : Pop Brushes plays with adjusted velocities. Arm audio track # 3. Do the same, record the performance. Pop Brushes velocities are recorded as they are changed in MDrummer.

Thanks for testing this out. I have also tested with pigments arm and it was sending and recording velocity data fine from the arp. Also I downloaded the Ableton demo to try it out and the result is the same. No velocity data recoded from Avenger, only MIDI notes. So there seems to be a problem with Avenger sending the velocity data. I have a support ticked going with the Avenger peeps so we'll see if this goes anywere. I'll probably also post over in the Avenger thread to see if any has this working.
mevla wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:49 pm Demonstration that velocity data is sent and recorded by Bitwig.

Track # 1 : Instrument. MDrummer. No drumset loaded, only a beat.
Track # 2 : Instrument. Note Receiver set to MDrummer + Goran Grooves' Pop Brushes drum instrument
Track # 3 : Audio. Recording of Pop Brushes' output.

Track # 2 Audio sent to track # 3 instead of Master

Play a beat on MDrummer. Hear it on track # 2 from the Pop Brushes. In MDrummer change the velocity of the instruments. Result : Pop Brushes plays with adjusted velocities. Arm audio track # 3. Do the same, record the performance. Pop Brushes velocities are recorded as they are changed in MDrummer.

Return to “Bitwig”