Old Robot v Human Voice

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been dealing with some very bad luck so I wrote some coping lyrics. Employed Arturia's vocoder and Plogue's chipspeech [robot] to sing some of them. I [human] did some singing too.

Robot mix: https://archive.org/download/irrational ... ix5%29.mp3
No vocals mix: https://archive.org/download/irrational ... als%29.mp3

Lyrics:

Code: Select all

Verse 1:
There's a struggle that begins with pain.
There's a struggle from which there's no gain.
Grapple till you're too tired to hold.
Trudging on just because you're told to.  
Is there a reason? is there a rhyme? 
Do all the efforts vanish in time?
Permanent luminance doesn't make sense.
There's no source of infinite effulgence.

Bridge 1:
I can still breathe;
Maintaining energy.

Chorus:
You gotta have some fun.
You might need drugs.
Don't overdose.
Envy the dead and recollect.
Don't overdose.

Verse 2:
Embrace the void.
All will be destroyed.
A companion;
That never ends.

Bridge 2:
An endless state;
that never breaks.

Chorus

Verse 3:
Contemporaneous memetics;
I'm not immune, but I'm not attuned.
Atomic particles are lazy.
Analysis of drunk and crazy.
Is there a reason? is there a rhyme? 
Do all the efforts vanish in time?
There's a struggle. There's a struggle.
Get up. Get, get up. Give in to your dread.

Chorus

very cool!

Very cool, indeed!
The melody is so nice, and quite digging the robot.
Love the tone of your guitar!
Thanks for sharing this beauty, G_J!!!

Nice melodic poprock song. Good arrangement.

The sound is really cool. (I listened to the robotic version). But i can hardly understand the robot :D The human voice could be a bit more upfront for my taste. Overall a nice and good listen!
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

I'd like to hear an (unprocessed) vocal version of this. I think the processed vocals have submerged the natural vocals in some parts of the song, to the point where I couldn't understand them well. Maybe you could also try rebalancing the volume of the effected/uneffected vocals in the robot mix.

Good work :)

Great tune, man! I always loved vocoders. Sorry bout the bad luck, you'll always have this cool song out of it.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

dylmac wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:59 amvery cool!
Thanks!

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:19 pm Very cool, indeed!
The melody is so nice, and quite digging the robot.
Love the tone of your guitar!
Thanks for sharing this beauty, G_J!!!
Thanks Rene glad you enjoyed. :)

I enjoyed this a lot. I like how the voices sit back in the mix.
Love how the sound effects foretell changes in the arrangement. It has a cool 90's indierock vibe, reminds me a bit of the bands Hum and Autolux.

Super well done as always. Thanks for sharing!

markkuja wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:09 am Nice melodic poprock song. Good arrangement.
Thanks. :)

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:32 am The sound is really cool. (I listened to the robotic version). But i can hardly understand the robot :D The human voice could be a bit more upfront for my taste. Overall a nice and good listen!
Yeah without the lyrics, I don't think I could understand the robot. Thanks for listening and commenting.
seismic1 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:21 pm I'd like to hear an (unprocessed) vocal version of this. I think the processed vocals have submerged the natural vocals in some parts of the song, to the point where I couldn't understand them well. Maybe you could also try rebalancing the volume of the effected/uneffected vocals in the robot mix.
I agree. But I'd need to sing the parts again because they are pretty out of tune. That's also the reason for the vocoder sort of drowning out the raw vocal. The chorus was much easier for me to sing so it came out much better, so I featured that as the human vocal. Appreciate your comments. :)

Nice, shades of Pavement in parts. :love: Great drums too.

...and (being in a minority on KVR... :hihi: I don't mind the submerged level of the vocal - some of my favourite bands have mostly mumbling. Bit of mystery and mystique I say!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Super cool song dude (and sorry about the bad luck). I am curious how it would sound with a non-robot vocalist.

I’m part of a team who has created an AI program that transforms a vocal track into a professional singer's voice. Our website link is here if you're interested in learning more: https://trygost.com/?utm_campaign=launc ... edium=post (https://trygost.com/?utm_campaign=launch&utm_source=KVR&utm_medium=post)

Great tune. Top notch.
I've been playing with a vocoder for most of this afternoon. A lot of fun.

Return to “Music Cafe”